Dr. Ralf Herwig claims that he cures Venous Leak

Posting in this forum is just for young members (under 40).
tjwarren2

Re: Dr. Ralf Herwig claims that he cures Venous Leak

Postby tjwarren2 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:23 pm

Thanks Razor for offering us your insight. It does sound as though in your case ed appears to be multifactorial. I am guessing that when you are able to get your hormones in check, and solve any mental components you will see improvement. But that is good to hear that you still have morning wood, and that 6 months later there is no venous leak.
Is your glans hard during erection or soft? If so, then that is another positive from sclero, as many men with ed also have soft glans. Cheers

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:47 pm

Half of us here on FT think morning wood would be awesome! I had years of ED after a surgery, then another surgery repaired some screw-ups after which I started having wood again. I don't know which of us was more excited, me, mr woodie or my wife! I swear if I get this damn thing working again I am going to have some morning wood again if I have to get up and pee, pump it up, go to sleep and then awake to it tenting the sheets!
As to your T. My body eats it like all meds. Very high metabolism. I can eat 6 times a day and not gain weight for example. I've been on 4 different kinds if testosterone. Undecanoate ( not available in U.S. any more) took 6 times the normal dose to keep my T in the 380's. Androgel took 4 times the normal dose to get me in 380's to 500 range. I'm on 2 times the normal dose of cypionate now and it works the best of anything. Running around 700. If you are not extremely active or if you have too much testosterone, your body may be reducing the T to estrogens. It could be your body eats the darned stuff like mine too. Each kind of T has different half lifes and works a little different. You may just need some trial and error to find out what your body responds well too. Cypionate like many T esters is an oil based product which mean high viscosity ( it's thick) so it takes a big needle. I've been used to small bore needles self injecting but a big ass 22 gauge needle is tough to get used to but after a while no big deal. Actually I draw with a 22 guage, then switch needles to a sharp needle again of 23 gauge. Keep working at it. You will find your zone. :D to morning woodies. somewhere there is an answer.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Domino

Postby Domino » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:12 pm

You are 100% not fixed, at least not frm sclero, this procedure and ligation is discussed since the 80s and best outcomes were aprox. 1 year, after that it will return.
I cant understand why someone can be so naive and spend 4k on this shit, what the hell is wrong with you? At some point you gotta find peace and accept things.

Echegollen

Postby Echegollen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:22 am

Unfortunately I could not attend Vienna for sclerotherapy... Cause I freaking forgot my passport! :|

The good news, is that I was able to re-schedule another appointment with Dr. Kuehas on February 17th, without any fees. This time though, he is asking a 1000 euros deposit prior. I think it is reasonable. He probably lost some money because of me.

Anyways, I am very sorry guys. I really wanted to give you some fresh info on sclerotherapy. I guess it'll have to wait a few weeks...
I'm 39 years old. Never was able to maintain my erections for more than 1 minute. Pills don't work. Had sclerotherapy by Dr. Kuehhas in Austria in 2016. Didn't work. Injections (Caverject) are the only things that gave me acceptable results.

razor1

Postby razor1 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:58 pm

Domino wrote:You are 100% not fixed, at least not frm sclero, this procedure and ligation is discussed since the 80s and best outcomes were aprox. 1 year, after that it will return.
I cant understand why someone can be so naive and spend 4k on this shit, what the hell is wrong with you? At some point you gotta find peace and accept things.

Not sure why you feel the need to attack other forum members for their choices. I noticed you had surgery previously, although it wasn't schelotherapy. While sorry that it didn't work out for you, it doesn't give you the right to sit there in self pity and criticise other people who are actively trying to do something about their condition and share their experience with interested forum members.

As for your enlighting, intelligent and compasionate post:

1. I am not the type of person who will just give up and do nothing but sit and look for other people to take their frustration out on. I prefer to take action and research the issue at hand and possible ways to address it.

2. Due to this I have done well so far in life, and money is not an issue for me. To spend 4K on a treatment - which has given me improvements is something I am fine with. Although my insurance ended up paying for most of the treatment costs, I was prepared to pay it myself if I had to.

3. I did not state in any of my posts that I was 100% fixed. I simple stated the facts:
- 6 months ago, doppler ultrasounds showed the presence of a venous leak (two ultrasounds were performed at different times)
- After this I had the schelotherapy proceedure
- 6 months later I had another doppler ultrasound, which showed there is currently no venous leak

4. I don't think anyone knows 100% if the results will last or how long it may last, but I am happy that I have done something about my condition and am enjoying being able to have sex with the results for as long as they last. If at somepoint it returns, then I will look into other options.

I suggest you take your own advice and find peace rather than looking for random people to take your frustration out on.
45yr old, ED for 20ys in one form or another
Implanted by Dr Eid on 22.02.18 - titan 22cm (left no RTE, right 1cm RTE)
Happy with recovery so far

merrix

Postby merrix » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:59 pm

Agree Razor.
Take it easy Domino.

I think we should all be careful with giving advice and telling people what to do and what not to do, whether it is sclerotherapy or implant or whatever. Nobody can say what is right for another person. I am not here in FT to have someone telling me what to do, and I am not here to tell someone else what to do either.
I am here to read other's experiences and to share mine. Then it's up to each and everyone to take decisions and do what we believe in. We're all different, we have different degrees of problems with different root causes. We have different risk acceptance and we have different financial situations.

I did the sclerotherapy as well, and I never expected it to 100% fix my problems. I would have been happy if it made me getting excellent and reliable effect of pills. I didn't really care about the money, I have enough to not care about the amount I paid for this. It was definitely worth the chance.

In my case, as stated many times, I got noticeable improvent. But it was not enough for me.
And in my case the leak was there when tested with doppler six months after sclerotherapy. A huge leak. One that Dr. Eid said would normally make a quality erection impossible.
Whether my leak never disappeared or came back I will never know and it doesn't matter now.

Knowing what I know now, I would have gone straight to the implant and skipped the sclerotherapy. But that's irrelevant. Decisions must be made based on the knowledge and information currently at hand. And based on what I knew then, I'd have done it again. It was a chance worth taking.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Echegollen

Postby Echegollen » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:26 am

Thank you Razor for your bold, yet polite answer to Domino. I don't think I would've had the same patience...
I'm 39 years old. Never was able to maintain my erections for more than 1 minute. Pills don't work. Had sclerotherapy by Dr. Kuehhas in Austria in 2016. Didn't work. Injections (Caverject) are the only things that gave me acceptable results.

Echegollen

Postby Echegollen » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:31 pm

I just met with Dr. Franklin Kuehas today in Vienna, and after doing the duplex ultrasound, he told me I have no sign of venous leak... I find this weird since I have all the symptoms of a venous leak. I am very confused...

lost41

Postby lost41 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:32 pm

Thats very interesting.....did he say what your problem was then? Its good to see that he's honest at least and not pushing for unnecessary surgery. Is he still going to treat you?

Echegollen

Postby Echegollen » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:37 pm

Like I said on my last post, during the duplex ultrasound scan, Dr. Kuehhas did not notice any signs of a venous leak. He said that because of that, he could not say that I was a good candidate for sclerotherapy. However, he said that just because the scan did not show any signs of a venous leak, it did not necessarily mean that I didn't have one, and that venous leaks aren't completely understood yet. He explained that a specific measurement on the duplex scan has been set by the medical community to make a venous leak diagnosis. He told me that he did give sclerotherapy to some patients that, just like me, didn't show any signs of venous leak, and that ''some'' of them had success. Now whether this is true or if he just said that to convince me to get sclerotherapy so he could cash in 4500 euros, I don't know. One thing I do know though, is that beside the implant, sclerotherapy was my only remaining option. He said that that the worst scenario would be that it won't have any effect on me but it would not worsen my condition. At the end, I decided to go for it! I just didn't want to live the rest of my life thinking, ''what if sclerotherapy could've helped me?''. Now, if it doesn't work, at least my mind will be in peace knowing that I really tried everything in my power. Now, I really want to stress the fact I did not feel any pressure at all from Dr. Kuehhas to undergo the operation. Even in the morning of the operation, he said I still could decide not to go ahead with the procedure, and that I would only be charge for the consultation...

I must admit that I was extremely nervous during the operation. I remember thinking about Razor, Seeking, and Gollam, and saying to myself: ''Wow, these guys were brave to go through this experimental procedure!''. I still remember lying on the operation table with the big light over my face and hearing Dr. Kuehhas and his colleague speaking german and not understanding a single word. At that precise moment, I told myself: ''what the hell have I done''. It was a little too late to go back anyways. To my surprise though, the operation was almost pain free. The injection for the anesthesia was basically the same feeling as when he injected me with caverject the day before, which is like a little sting. The only time I did feel some pain, which was about 2-3 on a scale of 10, was when he brought out my dorsal vein from under the skin. Obviously I did not see it because they had put a blanket over my face. However, I informed Dr. Kuehhas of the sudden pain and he told me that it was normal because he had just brought out the dorsal vein from under the skin. Like I said, the pain was far from being severe, but any pain down there is alarming, especially when it involves some cutting!

When he injected the dye contrast, I was able to see on the monitor they had placed right beside my face, that the dye contrast was leaking from the dorsal vein. Dr. Kuehhas confirmed it was a leak, but said he could not medically say it was a leak since the doppler did not show any sign of a venous leak. Knowing Dr. Kuehhas had performed sclerotherapy on other patients like me with no signs of venous leak on the scan, I asked him if in some of these cases, he still did not see any leak even after injecting the dye contrast. He said yes it did happen and explained that he did not continue sclerotherapy after that. He said he had to put the vein back into the penis without further treatment. He said he would have done the same thing to me if the dye contrast had not shown any leaks on the monitor. I don't know if he told me that just to cheer me up or if it's the truth. One thing is for sure, I did see a leak when he injected the dye contrast. After 3 rounds of sclerotherapy, the leak was almost gone. Like our courageous friends on this thread had done before me, I requested copies of the venograms to have before/after pictures. I will try to post it on the forum.

I am now about 4-5 hours post op and I still don't feel much pain. The only time I feel uncomfortable is when I am sitting upright on a chair. For some reason, my perineum (part between my balls and anus) feels uncomfortable. It seems tight... My penis isn't bruised at all yet and all I have is a bandage over my penis. I'll give you guys an update tomorrow.

Return to “Young members”