Need advice about venous leak

Posting in this forum is just for young members (under 40).
Mike1589
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:27 pm

Need advice about venous leak

Postby Mike1589 » Wed May 25, 2022 12:29 pm

Hi,
I am new on this forum. I’m 23 years old, I have venous leak (around 9-10 EDV) for around 1 year now. I take cialis 5mg sometimes and it helps. But I am really worried that it can get worse over time and the pills will not be working anymore. For how long did the pills work for you (if you have a venous leak). And what is the possibility of venous leak getting worse.

Gt1956
Posts: 2872
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:47 pm

Re: Need advice about venous leak

Postby Gt1956 » Sat May 28, 2022 2:10 am

Mike1589 wrote:Hi,
I am new on this forum. I’m 23 years old, I have venous leak (around 9-10 EDV) for around 1 year now. I take cialis 5mg sometimes and it helps. But I am really worried that it can get worse over time and the pills will not be working anymore. For how long did the pills work for you (if you have a venous leak). And what is the possibility of venous leak getting worse.

The pills will stop working & the ED will get worse.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

TwoStep
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Re: Need advice about venous leak

Postby TwoStep » Sat May 28, 2022 2:27 am

I’ve had venous leak for 10 years and it still responds to sildenafil, the pills work as well as 10 years ago (I just worry more about their risks now).

Benjohn
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:44 am

Re: Need advice about venous leak

Postby Benjohn » Sat May 28, 2022 2:45 am

It's pot luck. Some people's leak will get worse whereas others can stay on the same medication for years or decades.

Whilst I haven't been diagnosed with venous leak, I can strongly recommend Invicorp if pills stop working for you. It is the only injectable to work on constricting the veins (so in theory should help temporarily prevent venous leak for sex). Can't understand why it isn't more widely recommended or available outside of the UK.
British, 32 yrs old. ED caused by Paraphimosis in 2019. 100mg Sildenafil for sex. Trialled Invicorp as advised by doctor in 2021 but it was too strong. Taking 50mg-75mg of Sildenafil every night at 3am to stimulate morning erections, good response so far.

Mike1589
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:27 pm

Re: Need advice about venous leak

Postby Mike1589 » Sat May 28, 2022 7:32 am

TwoStep wrote:I’ve had venous leak for 10 years and it still responds to sildenafil, the pills work as well as 10 years ago (I just worry more about their risks now).


How often do you take pills? What is the dosage of the pills?

Mike1589
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:27 pm

Re: Need advice about venous leak

Postby Mike1589 » Sat May 28, 2022 7:33 am

Benjohn wrote:It's pot luck. Some people's leak will get worse whereas others can stay on the same medication for years or decades.

Whilst I haven't been diagnosed with venous leak, I can strongly recommend Invicorp if pills stop working for you. It is the only injectable to work on constricting the veins (so in theory should help temporarily prevent venous leak for sex). Can't understand why it isn't more widely recommended or available outside of the UK.


Thank you! I will probably try injections after the pills stop work (I take them rarely, maybe once in 2-3 weeks to prolong their effectiveness, rn on cialis 5mg). As for the Invicorp injections, do they cause scarring? I am worried about that too, as if I get scarred tissues, it may be more difficult to have natural erections.

frank66665
Posts: 1260
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:18 am

Re: Need advice about venous leak

Postby frank66665 » Sat May 28, 2022 9:26 am

Mike1589, take only 5mg tadalafil, before using the injections you can increase the tadalafil, leave it and switch to sildenafil and alternate with vardenafil, before implant you still have a long way to go, if instead you suffer from the side effects of pde5 then it is another speech
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Benjohn
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:44 am

Re: Need advice about venous leak

Postby Benjohn » Sat May 28, 2022 11:29 am

I didn't think anyone built tolerance to pills? Thought it was just the cause of ED getting worse?

Asked Dr Ralph about Invicorp vs basic Alprostadl. He said Invicorp is safer. Not exactly sure what he meant by that... Maybe less chance of priapasm. Didn't specifically ask about scarring. Sorry.
British, 32 yrs old. ED caused by Paraphimosis in 2019. 100mg Sildenafil for sex. Trialled Invicorp as advised by doctor in 2021 but it was too strong. Taking 50mg-75mg of Sildenafil every night at 3am to stimulate morning erections, good response so far.

Leebert
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:51 pm

Re: Need advice about venous leak

Postby Leebert » Sat May 28, 2022 7:38 pm

I had a vl for 20 some yrs and went through the whole process until i got scaring and developed fibrosis inside my penis from the injecting quad mix which only worked for 17 months and had to move onto an implant, which im very happy with! No more hassling with pills, injections, etc.its all a learning curve.
I'm 65, heart attack w/stent 10 yrs ago, mod.HBP, married 46 yrs, retired.2 strokes.No damage, except start of Ed, Live in Ada Michigan. implanted by Dr. Wise in Grand Rapids mi. Implanted on 9/2/21 with 15 cm + 5cm rte. Ams 700 cx ms pump

SaltRun9003
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:37 pm

Re: Need advice about venous leak

Postby SaltRun9003 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:23 am

TwoStep wrote:I’ve had venous leak for 10 years and it still responds to sildenafil, the pills work as well as 10 years ago (I just worry more about their risks now).


This is hopeful. What was your EDV?
31 years old, ED since 23. Potential priapism due to trazodone while sleeping Jan 2022, pills have been unreliable since. VL diagnosed via doppler about a week after potential priapism.


Return to “Young members”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests