Should I go for implant?

Posting in this forum is just for young members (under 40).
Lost Sheep

Re: Should I go for implant?

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:07 pm

Baseballfan11 wrote:Sheep, I have to say you’re my favorite poster on this board. It must take years of mental practice and total acceptance to view such an emotional problem as ED in such a rational and methodical way. How do you do it??? There is so much stigma, especially being young... with this condition.

Thank you for the compliment.  

I don't know about the mental discipline/practice; it took years of suffering from E.D.  And ultimately, REFUSING acceptance was necessary to deal with the emotions of E.D.As  progressed in the personal grown that suffering delivers, I began to realize that my sexual partners were suffering, too.  I lost a few potential mates and at least several girlfriends because of my E.D. and my unawareness of how it affected my relationships.

Oddly, women seem to attach more stigma to denial of E.D. than to the actual E.D. itself.  Just like in politics, "the coverup is worse than the crime".  When I acknowledged to my sexual partners that "my dick does not work as well as it should", they were understanding.  And when I learned to substitute fingers, toys and tongue for my dick, most were very happy.  Before I reached that level of maturity in my sexual thinking, I did stumble quite a bit and lost some very nice girlfriends along the way.

For example, I posted on a dating site and led with the fact that I was essentially impotent.  But seeking treatment (implant) with the full intention of being functional for whoever would volunteer to be my "lab partner" in that journey.  I made clear that the lab work would involve sex, both before the implant and after.  I got several positive responses and a lot of encouragement from women who complimented by courage for being so candid.  

Women are incredibly supportive if they feel safe, supported, respected and desired.  Truth shows respect, suggests safety and your willingness to please goes a long way towards the other features of a relationship.

Of course, casual sex with younger women may have somewhat different social parameters.  That would be up to you to negotiate THAT minefield.  But I believe being up-front is generally the best policy.  See the t-shirt thread

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12167&p=105570

for ideas on the attitude needed to carry off having an implant.  Similar attitudes, I think, would work for a man currently suffering E.D. (with some finesse).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Gt1956

Re: Should I go for implant?

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:29 pm

Batman12@ wrote:...................
Thank you txgaq8 for the suggeestion. I am trying hard to get appointment with good urologists ASAP but here in canada it healthcare sucks. My confirm appointment will be on May 21st and its been 5 months from now and it is only phone appointment.

Batman12. May I suggest that you search in your province for a men's advocacy group. See if some pressure can be brought to bear on the medical situation in your province.
Sometimes the people at the top can get what they want done. By either ignorance or maybe even fear of being exposed as having ED. They won't advocate for treatment for others that have the same health problems.
Perhaps a letter writing campaign or posts to editorial newspapers or public forums might help someone in the administration see that the public has a need & supports this type of healthcare in their providence.
In the USA we call this "the squeeky wheel gets the grease". If you are willing to suffer in silence then you're easy to ignore.
Another possible thing that might help you. Could you move to a province that has a better health plan? If you're young enough, maybe you could enroll in a small college there to establish that you're a resident.
I wish you luck. Telling someone that needs healthcare to use a phone hardly seems fair. I would advise you to be your own advocate. Keep pestering for more/better treatment. If it takes 5 months to get an appointment. Don't delay getting in line for the next appointment.
About 30 years ago I had my appendix removed. Over the years I've had a few instances of gall bladder attacks. 2 days ago I started having mild pains in the general area of it. Today I called my doctors office for an appointment. I was offered several different times tomorrow where I could see him in person. Wearing a mask for Covid is required. I have health insurance & my cost will be $25. Any office testing done thru his office will cost $40 for the first test each year. After that the tests are free.
Unfortunately his ED treatment is limited to pills & injections. He doesn't reccomend injections so I'm on a path for an implant by a surgeon about 30 miles away.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Young members”