Younger guys, are you worried about possibly 3-4 replacement implants in your lifetime?

Posting in this forum is just for young members (under 40).
ViaSwiss

Re: Younger guys, are you worried about possibly 3-4 replacement implants in your lifetime?

Postby ViaSwiss » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:44 pm

It is a concern, yes.

But at the same time, I've had ED for 15 years, its robbed me of so many moments and added so much stress.

I'm ready to put that all behind me and start a newer, happier life. What happens in the future, we can cross those bridges when they come.
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

Aemill

Re: Younger guys, are you worried about possibly 3-4 replacement implants in your lifetime?

Postby Aemill » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:06 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Aemill wrote:I got implanted at 24 and regret nothing. There were some complications during the operation (scar tissue, AMS CXR) that might have been averted had I gone for the operation sooner. Overall I am happy, I am partly looking forward to a revision because you get upsized and a newer model of implant. Dont forget that with time the implants will only get better.

The replacement implant is not ALWAYS larger than the previous one (though downsizing an implant that was properly sized in the first place is pretty much unheard of).

Note that upsizing the implant in the revision does not always mean upsizing your penis. If the new implant goes deeper into your crus or deeper into your glans than the previous one you may well end up with the same size usable penis length. The phenomenon of upsizing the implant length has been well established, but now the medical journals are just starting to look at what that means for actual penis length (which is a bit more difficult to measure).

Very likely you will see some increase in length (and girth, too), but unlikely to be as much as the increase in implant size.

Still, something to look forward to.

You are right. But in my case I will got from CXR to CX or LGX which will give me more girth and with the case of LGX real length.
Born 1995, VL since 18, pills dont work, injections provide good 20 minute erection which hurts, implanted AMS CXR 14+6 due to fibrosis

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:07 pm

Aemill wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:
Aemill wrote:I got implanted at 24 and regret nothing. There were some complications during the operation (scar tissue, AMS CXR) that might have been averted had I gone for the operation sooner. Overall I am happy, I am partly looking forward to a revision because you get upsized and a newer model of implant. Dont forget that with time the implants will only get better.

The replacement implant is not ALWAYS larger than the previous one (though downsizing an implant that was properly sized in the first place is pretty much unheard of).

Note that upsizing the implant in the revision does not always mean upsizing your penis. If the new implant goes deeper into your crus or deeper into your glans than the previous one you may well end up with the same size usable penis length. The phenomenon of upsizing the implant length has been well established, but now the medical journals are just starting to look at what that means for actual penis length (which is a bit more difficult to measure).

Very likely you will see some increase in length (and girth, too), but unlikely to be as much as the increase in implant size.

Still, something to look forward to.

You are right. But in my case I will got from CXR to CX or LGX which will give me more girth and with the case of LGX real length.

Don't hang your hat of increased length dute to the LGX's ability to expand in length too strongly. The LGX's forte is to be shorter and more flexible when DEflated and normal full-size when INflated. It lets an implanted man be more of a "grower" than one implanted with the CX or Coloplast devices. The LGX does reportedly allow some lengthening over time, but not as much as most men hope for.

The good news is that you will be able to literally hang your hat on your erection.

Three weeks after implant with my LGX, my erect length was exactly the same as it was immediately before surgery (and about the same size as it was in my youth, too). Three years after surgery my erect length is maybe an eighth of an inch longer.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

PeaceofPain07

Postby PeaceofPain07 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:08 pm

Not too worried because I tried the alternatives that didnt work good. Would be more worried if I continued to have ED because I never got an implant. I did however, wondered if a better invention for ED will come out. If so, that may decrease the demand of current treatments we have, which in turn decreases the supply of implant doctors. Doctors people with implants need for revision. But again, I worry little on the unknowns of life.
Born 1986. Implanted 3/21, Eid. Titan 20cm + 1RTE. 5'11 178lbs.

A support group for ED in young males, but open to older males: facebook.com/groups/erectiledysfunction

NumbNoodle

Postby NumbNoodle » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:32 am

I am really worried. I just can't find a high volume implanter in Germany by researching in the internet. If i fly outside in the usa to get it done by an experienced surgeon i have to pay it out of my own pocket. These surgeries are much more expensive in usa than in Germany. If it breaks after a few years i would by finacially ruined. I looked up experiences from people who got it in Germany and most of them are unhappy with wether a botched unuseable penis or a huge loss of length. The next thing i am worried about is the increasing risk of infection after each surgery. From what i have read the average loss of length after an infection is 3,7 cm due to scarring. I only have 13cm to begin with, losing 4cm would be a catastrophy. I also thought about getting a semi rigid implant because of the better surviveability but some people say the erosion risk is high.

I have two questions which make me very concerned:
1. Can the erosion risk with a malleable be reduced when using a penile stretching device postoperatively to reduce the pressure on the glans?

2. Is there some reconstructive surgeon who can restore lost length due to scarring after an infection? I have read that egydio and djinovic can restore length but i don't know if it works with scarring after infection.

shrunken_dick

Postby shrunken_dick » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:09 am

NumbNoodle wrote:2. Is there some reconstructive surgeon who can restore lost length due to scarring after an infection? I have read that egydio and djinovic can restore length but i don't know if it works with scarring after infection.

No, lost length due to infection is not recoverable.
I ( 29 M) took Spironolactone 400 mg to treat my hair loss. As a result, the penis shrunk from 6” to 4”. with Severe erectile dysfunction. Looking into the penile implant with Sliding Technique.

Tellmehow

Postby Tellmehow » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:18 am

NumbNoodle wrote:I am really worried. I just can't find a high volume implanter in Germany by researching in the internet. If i fly outside in the usa to get it done by an experienced surgeon i have to pay it out of my own pocket. These surgeries are much more expensive in usa than in Germany. If it breaks after a few years i would by finacially ruined. I looked up experiences from people who got it in Germany and most of them are unhappy with wether a botched unuseable penis or a huge loss of length. The next thing i am worried about is the increasing risk of infection after each surgery. From what i have read the average loss of length after an infection is 3,7 cm due to scarring. I only have 13cm to begin with, losing 4cm would be a catastrophy. I also thought about getting a semi rigid implant because of the better surviveability but some people say the erosion risk is high.

I have two questions which make me very concerned:
1. Can the erosion risk with a malleable be reduced when using a penile stretching device postoperatively to reduce the pressure on the glans?

2. Is there some reconstructive surgeon who can restore lost length due to scarring after an infection? I have read that egydio and djinovic can restore length but i don't know if it works with scarring after infection.

Dr. Osmonov in Kiel. He seems very reputable!

NumbNoodle

Postby NumbNoodle » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:58 pm

I found something that may be interesting for people who are concerned about the risk of infection after many revisions. (like me)
In this Video an urologist talks about a patient who got a new implant after a removed implant due to infection.

(content warning: you see a penis, a surgery and blood, 18+)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXSoCj1aPl8
(if you don't trust the link, search term for youtube: "clavelluro Penile Implant after Infection", 1st video)

he mentioned that the patient used a VED between the removal and the new implant.

i asked two questions in the comments:

"@clavelluro hello, i have 2 questions:
1. Can regular use of vacuumpump and stretching device prevent loss of length after infection?

2. Is it possible to restore lost length after infection with a reconstruction surgery (for instance tunica expansion procedure, sliding etc)?"

which he replied after a half an hour with:

"@Steffen Hello sir, here are your answers.

1. Vacuum pump and stretching can definitely prevent loss of length after infection and it is what I demonstrated in this video. We were able to get him the same implant size as his original surgery.

2. In theory, yes it is possible to restore length with a reconstruction surgery, but that is "easier said than done". After a history of infection, the extent of fibrosis is unpredictable, and try to add a reconstruction surgery on top of an implant can increase the risk of complications dramatically.

Good luck!"

I was impressed by this finding, because an article showed an average loss of 3,7cm after infection and it can be much more, but this guy lost nothing.
I mean this is a an individual opinion of one single expert but i couldn't find any article about this specific topic.

I am relieved that there is a solution for the worst possible complication.
conclusion: using a VED and a stretching device regularly after the removal until new implant insertion can possible prevent loss of length due to scarring from infection.

Tortão

Postby Tortão » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:38 pm

Great find, NumbNoodle! It's a relief to know this! Thanks for sharing!

By the way, did you know if after removing the infected implant the patient stayed a period (let's say, the usual 6 months) without an implant and then got a new inflatable or he stayed this period with a semi-rigid?
1993 born. Brazil.
Peyronies since Sep 2019.
Penis developed curvature, lots of plaque, loss of size and axial rigidity. Severe peyronie.
Mar/21 Titan Touch 20 cm + 1.5 RTE.

NumbNoodle

Postby NumbNoodle » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:50 am

@Tartão,
I watched the video carefully again.
1. He didn't take anything out
2. he had to make new Tunnels in the corpora
3. He didn't mention a salvage at this patient

I am sure he went without salvage.

Even with salvage most guys still lose length.
When you look up the story from Agfa13 you see what i mean. He got a salvage and still lost a lot of length.

Return to “Young members”