Younger guys, are you worried about possibly 3-4 replacement implants in your lifetime?

Posting in this forum is just for young members (under 40).
Tortão

Re: Younger guys, are you worried about possibly 3-4 replacement implants in your lifetime?

Postby Tortão » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:15 am

This is very interesting...
Well, I imagine a semi-rigid + VED would be even better to prevent size loss... Or maybe not.

One important thing: probably you won't be able to use VED if you receive subcoronal incision (like me). Or if the surgeon makes a subcoronal incision to remove the implant components (I don't think they do this kind of incision for removal, but who knows...). The reason I say this is because if the incision is still not fully closed, VED will impair this healing and prevent closing.

In my future revisions, I don't want to receive a subcoronal incision. Infrapubic or penoscrotal are better.
1993 born. Brazil.
Peyronies since Sep 2019.
Penis developed curvature, lots of plaque, loss of size and axial rigidity. Severe peyronie.
Mar/21 Titan Touch 20 cm + 1.5 RTE.

Corey212

Re: Younger guys, are you worried about possibly 3-4 replacement implants in your lifetime?

Postby Corey212 » Sun May 23, 2021 6:37 pm

I get the feeling that these surgeons purposely botch a job so you are so unhappy you go back for another. I could not have made it more clear what my expectations were and the doc I chose could not have made it more clear that he would fulfill those expectations. The results matched my worst fears, with the exception of an infection.

So yes, i will be getting a revision sooner than later. At 52, I want to get it done sooner than later. I was hoping for a long lasting 15 year implant, but it appears more like an 18 month implant and im being optimistic.
52; Coloplast Titan (One-Touch) implant on 02/23/2021 by Dr. Karpman

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue May 25, 2021 4:26 pm

Corey212 wrote:I get the feeling that these surgeons purposely botch a job so you are so unhappy you go back for another. .

That sounds like the accusations to American car companies of "planned obsolescence" wherein they built cars intended to fail on a schedule so customers would be forced to buy another new car right after the warranty on the car they had expired.

That might work for car companies (or washing machine companies or cell phone companies), but that would be the worst kind of malpractice for physicians.

Corey212 wrote:The results matched my worst fears, with the exception of an infection.

So yes, i will be getting a revision sooner than later. At 52, I want to get it done sooner than later. I was hoping for a long lasting 15 year implant, but it appears more like an 18 month implant and im being optimistic.

This sounds like either bad luck, incompetence or misadventure during recovery. The usual service life for an inflatable implant is about 10 years and getting better as technology advances. Please do not despair. But do find a surgeon who is accustomed to working around difficult anatomy and/or prior failed implants. Interview candidate surgeons thoroughly (I know you interviewed your first surgeon well and found his answers satisfactory and I have no better advice on how to do the next interview better - sorry.)
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

aslanglobal

Postby aslanglobal » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:01 pm

You need your dick to work when you're younger vs. when you're 70. I am looking into an implant because I've lost every partner I've had the past 5 years to ED. They stick around, but eventually it dies. I'm 36 now and am so tired of being alone. I want to have a family but don't want to start in my 40's. This stuff has absolutely ruined my mental state the past 3 years especially, after I stopped using MT2 and PT 141. The stuff worked, but always made me so nauseated, tired and occasionally gave me priaprism. I'm just sick of this having taken over every aspect of my life. I am not a guy who lives happily with celibacy.

I haven't gotten an implant yet, but I'm looking now. I really don't want to lose length, but a functional dick is preferable. The ED has caused me to go from 7.5 to 6.5 unless I stretch out in a pump. Anyways, I don't worry about the occasional traumatic surgery every decade. If the implant works and you didn't lose size, that seems a small price to pay for such a big reward.
37, Implanted 8/10/21. 22 cm Titan, Dr. Tariq Hakky.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:26 pm

aslanglobal wrote:You need your dick to work when you're younger vs. when you're 70. I am looking into an implant because I've lost every partner I've had the past 5 years to ED. They stick around, but eventually it dies. I'm 36 now and am so tired of being alone. I want to have a family but don't want to start in my 40's. This stuff has absolutely ruined my mental state the past 3 years especially, after I stopped using MT2 and PT 141. The stuff worked, but always made me so nauseated, tired and occasionally gave me priaprism. I'm just sick of this having taken over every aspect of my life. I am not a guy who lives happily with celibacy.
I haven't gotten an implant yet, but I'm looking now. I really don't want to lose length, but a functional dick is preferable. The ED has caused me to go from 7.5 to 6.5 unless I stretch out in a pump. Anyways, I don't worry about the occasional traumatic surgery every decade. If the implant works and you didn't lose size, that seems a small price to pay for such a big reward.

Let an old guy throw an opinion your way. If you want a sex life at 70? It will be every bit as important to you as it was at say 35. If you spend some time on the implant section of FT. You'll find many men in their 70's that are engaging in sex several times a week. To top it off. It isn't limited to just straight sex. Oral & anal is on the menu, even in the later 70's. I think that compares quite well to the average young guy. Just saying.....
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

aslanglobal

Postby aslanglobal » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:00 am

Oh yeah, its still important. But imagine being 35, being reasonably nice looking and no one around you can figure out why youre not dating anyone. Youre getting older and soon, a young woman might not want to be with you and have your kids... the window is closing. Thats what I feel all the time lately. Also, Ive missed out on a basically a half decades worth of sex and have turned down countless women.

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:42 am

You sound primed for an implant. I went through all the same issues as you. Turned down more women than I care to admit, even when they were naked and in bed with me. Luckily, I did manage to have 2 beautiful children, sometimes I feel that was a miracle.
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:45 am

aslanglobal wrote:Oh yeah, its still important. But imagine being 35, being reasonably nice looking and no one around you can figure out why youre not dating anyone. Youre getting older and soon, a young woman might not want to be with you and have your kids... the window is closing. Thats what I feel all the time lately. Also, Ive missed out on a basically a half decades worth of sex and have turned down countless women.

I managed to have sex for a couple of decades with unreliable (and sometimes absent) erections. There are more ways than coitus to have sex. Fellatio ALWAYS worked for me to orgasm (even mostly flaccid). Cunnilingus (if you and your partner do not object to the practice - it is VERY effective at producing orgasms). Manual stimulation, dildos and vibrators work, too, if she will accept them as part of your sexual repertoire.

I was always up front about, "My penis does not always work so well, but I can have orgasms and believe strongly that, 'Ladies cum first' ".
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

aslanglobal

Postby aslanglobal » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:19 pm

@ViaSwiss
The doc recommended today a Titan and I might be having surgery within the next few months. What is your experience with this implant? And yes, I am probably primed to have one and if everything worked out, it would be 100% life changing. The doc basically said that to me today, as in "this is going to change who you are". I have all the typical worries. I don't want serious shortening. I'm concerned about missing a month in the gym, the incredible pain I'll be in, being bionic for life, etc. But it seems its possible that once I went through the dark tunnel, my life would be quite different than it is right now.

How's your experience? I am having trouble processing it as someone still in their 30s and thinking still I shouldnt be having this problem.

NumbNoodle

Postby NumbNoodle » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:40 am

I found some interesting information additional to my post on page 3 of this thread.
On my post on page 3 i wrote about a case of a patient who prevented length loss after a removal of an infected implant. He used a VED.

I found an article about 5 patients who where able to prevent scarring after a removed infected implant.
After the removal they took a drug that blocks the body's ability to form fibrotic tissue. (Mitomycin C)

I believe this drug could potentially have some serious side-effects. If it blocks the formation of scartissue you shouldn't be participating in car accidents or something.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 6119300480
I think this information could be interesting for men who worry about infections.

just wanted to share this.

Return to “Young members”