3 Days Post-Op, Frustrated Because of Length

Posting in this forum is just for young members (under 40).
mr.henry

3 Days Post-Op, Frustrated Because of Length

Postby mr.henry » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:32 am

Hey. This is a 21-yo implanted patient seeking for advice.

I suffered from ED due to venous reasons since I was born, and finally got implanted with an AMS CX 18cm + 4cm RTEs. Everything seems fine except the length. My doctor measured me before the surgery and I was 17 cms, now it's not even equivalent to the side of an iPhone 7. There's at least 4 to 5 cms of loss, which is simply DEVASTATING.

When I touch my erect penis now, I can very easily feel the skin on it is NOT stretched at full capacity. It's like in its flaccid state, but it's just hard because of the prosthesis.

My penis has more length to stretch, but my prosthesis is not an LGX, it's a CX. Also, my doctor never told me anything about "cycling" but you guys here talk about it a lot.

Should I anticipate ANY increase in length in the following months if I keep cycling twice a day? To what extend does it happen?

Please help me with your experience.

Thanks.

young_and_impotent

Re: 3 Days Post-Op, Frustrated Because of Length

Postby young_and_impotent » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:58 am

Can you ask why CX was used instead of LGX?
28 year old with severe lifelong ED.
Implanted in New Delhi on 26/12/19 with AMS CX (15x12) + 4cm RTE
Post op length 4.5 inches from ~ (5.5 to 6) inches. Disappointed!
Wish to have a revision to LGX some day.

Andy1955

Postby Andy1955 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:16 pm

I have the same brand and model inplant you have. The AMS CX 21 cm. My Dr told me not to activate (cycle) for six weeks. I followed his instructions to the letter. I am much older than you and suffered from Peyronies as well as ED. Let me just say a bad combination.

When I cycled the first time I pumped until the bulb was hard as a rock and had a similar outcome. I was horrified! I took a empty cardboard toilet paper roll and marked wher I was at the first cycling. I didn’t clear the end. I cycled every day and left the implant inflated for at least an hour twice daily. I noticed the pump begin to become a a little easier to manage or maybe “softer”. I also felt the two cylinders begin to “loosen” up. While I’m sure these are not medical terms they hopefully help you understand what I’m telling you. As time went on I found that masterbation help to engorge my penis. As this all happened I continued to use that roll to measure. I’m about 20 months post op and have regained about 1 1/2” so now the glan clears the end of that same roll.

As our other bionic brothers say; time and patience is your friend. Cycle as I did and have patience. One other suggestion concerning masterbation; avoid using your hand. Someone here suggested using a Fleshlight. I read about it and ordered on. I got a rather smooth insert to help regain sensitivity. I don’t use it to replace intercourse. This just helped because for me, initially sex was a bit uncomfortable.

Best of luck!
Inplanted May 24, 2018. AMS 700 CX, MS Pump. 21cm x 12mm. Peyronies and ED. Pills stopped working and extreme curvature

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:36 pm

In this thread, an elder member posted this (below) answer. I felt inspired to re-post his answer here. By the way, his experience is absolutely the same as mine immediately post-op (except for the dimensions he cites). My penis looked like a road-killed toad.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14179

Txagq8 wrote:I’m posting this over here because I’m 63 and I guess technically I ought not be posting on the youngster board (even though I don’t look or act my age and I have the T levels of a 18 yr old. Better living thru chemistry.)

You had a 17 cm dick. So did I.

You got 22 cm of implant. I got 23 cm. I’d say no statistically significant difference....slightly different internal anatomies.

You are 3 days post surgery? I’m 32 Days.

Hoss.....3 days after surgery I was swollen, black, blue, and shades of purple I didn’t know existed. Yes, I measured. It was 4.5” about 3 days afterwards. There was no good way to get a bone pressed measurement because if I mashed hard enough to get a ruler to the pubic bone I would have ended up in the ICU.

Here’s what will happen.

Your swelling is going to subside. That’s going to expose at least an inch or more of dick.

You are going to start to cycle...maybe at two weeks, maybe at six. Depends on your doctor. That is going to stretch your dick which has taken a hit surgically.

After a month I’m back to 6x5 1/4.I started at 6.8x6. Do I want it all back? Of course. Was I warned by the doctor that I would take a bit of an inch initially and cycling would bring most of it back? Yes. Did he tell me the final product might be slightly smaller? Yes.

Bottom line is don’t freak out on day 3. You’re going to be amazed at how much more is there simply from the swelling going down. I know I was.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

young_and_impotent

Postby young_and_impotent » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:36 pm

Andy1955 can you give a timeline of how you saw progress. Honestly I feely CX has already expended to the limit and I don't want false hope.
28 year old with severe lifelong ED.
Implanted in New Delhi on 26/12/19 with AMS CX (15x12) + 4cm RTE
Post op length 4.5 inches from ~ (5.5 to 6) inches. Disappointed!
Wish to have a revision to LGX some day.

mr.henry

Postby mr.henry » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:48 pm

young_and_impotent wrote:Can you ask why CX was used instead of LGX?

I did before the surgery, and he claimed the LGX was more likely to give mechanical errors.

mr.henry

Postby mr.henry » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:51 pm

Andy1955 wrote:I have the same brand and model inplant you have. The AMS CX 21 cm. My Dr told me not to activate (cycle) for six weeks. I followed his instructions to the letter. I am much older than you and suffered from Peyronies as well as ED. Let me just say a bad combination.

When I cycled the first time I pumped until the bulb was hard as a rock and had a similar outcome. I was horrified! I took a empty cardboard toilet paper roll and marked wher I was at the first cycling. I didn’t clear the end. I cycled every day and left the implant inflated for at least an hour twice daily. I noticed the pump begin to become a a little easier to manage or maybe “softer”. I also felt the two cylinders begin to “loosen” up. While I’m sure these are not medical terms they hopefully help you understand what I’m telling you. As time went on I found that masterbation help to engorge my penis. As this all happened I continued to use that roll to measure. I’m about 20 months post op and have regained about 1 1/2” so now the glan clears the end of that same roll.

As our other bionic brothers say; time and patience is your friend. Cycle as I did and have patience. One other suggestion concerning masterbation; avoid using your hand. Someone here suggested using a Fleshlight. I read about it and ordered on. I got a rather smooth insert to help regain sensitivity. I don’t use it to replace intercourse. This just helped because for me, initially sex was a bit uncomfortable.

Best of luck!

Thank you for the response! I will keep cycling every day. I don't foresee so but hope I can regain my length. Girth is already OK.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:00 pm

mr.henry,

Can you tell us more about yourself? When was the surgery, what is your surgeon's history (how many implants per month, etc), how much conversation did you two have before surgery, how much of his/her reasoning shared with you and how much listening to your history and concerns, how much explanation of post-op care and post-op expectations (that is were you told to expect temporary length loss, permanent length loss or were you told noting at all about length expectations)?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

mr.henry

Postby mr.henry » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:58 pm

Sure,

It was on 01.02.2020, which means 3 days ago.

My surgeon is named Ates Kadioglu, who served as the head of the Turkish Association of Urology for 10 years, and still is the honorary president. So he's experienced enough. He also has an infection rate under %0.5, which is impressive.

I did my research, and talked to him enough(i guess). He knew about my concerns about penile length and warned me that I'd lose around 1 cm because the glance wouldn't get blood anymore after the surgery (although he told me I wouldnt lose ANY length at our first appointment). But 1cm was OK.

When I wanted an estimation of length, he just grabbed my flaccid penis and stretched just "a little". It was 13.5 cm, which is close to what it is now after the surgery. I heavily reacted. As far as I knew, the best estimation was to stretch the flaccid penis AS MUCH AS you can, which gave me 15.5 cms.

So he noted down our expectation as 15.5 cms and I was OK with it.

But now, I'm 2-2.5 cms below that limit with an CX which is said not to expand in length. All my hope relies on the forum members that claim cycling works on a CX.

That's my expanded story.

Thanks.

Andy1955

Postby Andy1955 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:59 am

young_and_impotent wrote:Andy1955 can you give a timeline of how you saw progress. Honestly I feely CX has already expended to the limit and I don't want false hope.

Young...
The first few months I really didn’t notice any real change but the cycling was a little painful. I had a sever case of Peyronies and the Dr explained it may take about a year to reach my full potential. I specifically asked how much length I would loose and he told me I would likely loose about half an inch. He further explained some patients did not loose any but that was rare.

According to my Dr “the CX is used rather than the LGX in cases where there is extreme scaring and plaque due to Peyronies”. He further explained it was more like a utility vehicle rather than a sports car. Maybe hard to hear and accept but I understood the logic.

So; to answer you directly, my gains were in the first year post surgery. Since that time I have seen some slight increase but nothing to brag about.
Inplanted May 24, 2018. AMS 700 CX, MS Pump. 21cm x 12mm. Peyronies and ED. Pills stopped working and extreme curvature

Return to “Young members”