Venous Leak Surgery- Dr. Hsu Patient Story

Posting in this forum is just for young members (under 40).
Ali34319

Re: Venous Leak Surgery- Dr. Hsu Patient Story

Postby Ali34319 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:06 pm

I hate myself and everything in this dark life

donny3

Postby donny3 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:13 pm

Contact Hsu email, Its in his website if you have questions. I just spoke to him recently and he had a demonstration/meeting to attend.

He also told me taiwan has been locked down for over a year so he hasn't had any international patients during this time even though he had many patients that wanted to see him but couldn't because of the lockdown.

thereishope

Postby thereishope » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:25 pm

I said it before, and i say it again. This surgery is a scam, and i advise anyone wanting to go have it to think twice and spend the money on reputable treatments THAT ACTUALLY WORK!

donny3.... stop advocating for this shill of a doctor please.

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:21 am

I guess I ought to steer clear of this board since I’m not technically young. But the advice I received was when I was in my 30s/40s, and I think it pertinent.

In 1989, I was an Army Officer, hadn’t been married but a few years, and had battled ED for years armed with nothing but a cock ring and the admonition to relax. I was a very early patient to start self injecting so life didn’t look all bad. I came across a book at the bookstore called The Potent Male by a dude named Goldstein. Naturally I bought it and read it cover to cover. Multiple times.

There were several chapters dedicated to surgeries that theoretically might work-venous legation, crural tuck, grafting an additional artery in for more flow. All these were on the drawing board.

Ten years later, I had tried pills (they helped) but what really worked was a pill and a shot. I had been sent to the Army’s Command&General Staff College for a year. While there, I got an obliging doc to write me a referral to the University of Kansas Med School and let some of the leaders in the field tell me how I can get repaired.

I flat out asked the team evaluating me about those types of surgeries. They honestly laid out the facts.....initially, a guy can see a return to normal erections but the problem is the body is very good at rerouting blood flow to return itself to the way it has been. If you had venous leaks, (boy did I ever) and you strip out the worst offenders in terms of veins.....return blood flow will be diminished and erectile capacity restored until the body figured out there are more veins it can use to get back to the old venous leakage routine.

Their sage advice was to go ye and have a good sex live using pills, Shots, and a cock ring. And when those start to fail, find a good implant guy. Those were pretty revolutionary 20 yrs ago. At least they didn’t get discussed in casual conversation.

This isn’t a slap at foreign doctors but the bottom line is if it were as simple as vascular surgery, there would be basketloads of American doctors enjoying capitalism by performing those surgeries and making a bunch of $$$ in the process.

There aren’t for the simple reason it doesn’t work, long term. Another thing American doctors despise is being dragged thru courtrooms on malpractice charges.

Maybe they’ll figure out how to do it someday. Perhaps pigs will fly. In the meantime I’d urge people to stick with what we know works. Let someone else be the guinea pig.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:42 am

Good post Tx.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

thereishope

Postby thereishope » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:08 pm

Txagq8 wrote:I guess I ought to steer clear of this board since I’m not technically young. But the advice I received was when I was in my 30s/40s, and I think it pertinent.

In 1989, I was an Army Officer, hadn’t been married but a few years, and had battled ED for years armed with nothing but a cock ring and the admonition to relax. I was a very early patient to start self injecting so life didn’t look all bad. I came across a book at the bookstore called The Potent Male by a dude named Goldstein. Naturally I bought it and read it cover to cover. Multiple times.

There were several chapters dedicated to surgeries that theoretically might work-venous legation, crural tuck, grafting an additional artery in for more flow. All these were on the drawing board.

Ten years later, I had tried pills (they helped) but what really worked was a pill and a shot. I had been sent to the Army’s Command&General Staff College for a year. While there, I got an obliging doc to write me a referral to the University of Kansas Med School and let some of the leaders in the field tell me how I can get repaired.

I flat out asked the team evaluating me about those types of surgeries. They honestly laid out the facts.....initially, a guy can see a return to normal erections but the problem is the body is very good at rerouting blood flow to return itself to the way it has been. If you had venous leaks, (boy did I ever) and you strip out the worst offenders in terms of veins.....return blood flow will be diminished and erectile capacity restored until the body figured out there are more veins it can use to get back to the old venous leakage routine.

Their sage advice was to go ye and have a good sex live using pills, Shots, and a cock ring. And when those start to fail, find a good implant guy. Those were pretty revolutionary 20 yrs ago. At least they didn’t get discussed in casual conversation.

This isn’t a slap at foreign doctors but the bottom line is if it were as simple as vascular surgery, there would be basketloads of American doctors enjoying capitalism by performing those surgeries and making a bunch of $$$ in the process.

There aren’t for the simple reason it doesn’t work, long term. Another thing American doctors despise is being dragged thru courtrooms on malpractice charges.

Maybe they’ll figure out how to do it someday. Perhaps pigs will fly. In the meantime I’d urge people to stick with what we know works. Let someone else be the guinea pig.

I am surprised you mentioned that book from Dr Goldstein. He gave me a copy in his office, of which i can show you proof and take a photo of it when i was in his office in 2016 to have my penile doppler done, and check if i was a candidate for the revascularization surgery or not. I could not agree more with your post but unfortunately a lot of guys are blind by their ed and just want a cure.... whatever the risk.. however the shadiness..... they don't realize that there are scam doctors out there profiting from this and then, like "donny3" does, they spam the board promoting this fake treatment that has yet to cure anyone.

And they write large texts with all kinds of claims but never provide proof of any of it. NEVER. No pictures, no videos, no copies of emails exchanged with doctors..... infuriates me. I add below a link to Merrix's thread. He is a guy that still comes to this board and had a very similar procedure to improved his ED, and guess what? he ended up having an inplant because it did not last...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6010&hilit=Merrix&start=710#p148404

Slavicguy123

Postby Slavicguy123 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:51 am

In the defense of donny and this doctor, all of you that doubt the efficiancy of this surgery i understand that this type of surgery is not magic bullet, but all of you should read just few publications of this doctor and this surgery and you will see that this guy has a lot of knowledge about penis anatomy , i am certain more than any other doctor in the world, you can just look out in his publications and see for yourself, maybe this surgery wouldnt work for many but certanly you can not say that this is fraud, regards!

donny3

Postby donny3 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:06 pm

thereishope wrote:I said it before, and i say it again. This surgery is a scam, and i advise anyone wanting to go have it to think twice and spend the money on reputable treatments THAT ACTUALLY WORK!

donny3.... stop advocating for this shill of a doctor please.

Did you read the thread? I had this procedure over ten years ago.

I said if you ever think about doing a procedure like this, only go to Dr. Hsu... or don't do the procedure at all. That is what I say to anyone that ask me questions about Hsu.

donny3

Postby donny3 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:13 pm

Do you know why there aren't many doctors in the US that perform this surgery? Because this surgery is a very complicated surgery and also its banned in the US. Back then I asked my US urologist over ten plus years ago about this procedure before I even found out about Hsu and he said they do not do the procedure because the success rate is so low. This is from a urologist who i saw a lot in NYC over ten plus years ago. He said that procedure isn't done much at all in the US because of the low success rate.

Also Hsu told me over ten years ago, he wanted to teach one of his younger doctors the procedure so that once he retires and can no longer do it... someone else can continue this surgery. Its been over ten plus years and Hsu told me he still wasn't able to teach of his staff/doctors to do this procedure because the procedure is very complicated. I have no idea how many surgeons perform this surgery but if there are any, the success rate is going to be very low. Simon... the guy who referred me over ten years ago from Norway who had Hsu procedure before me, told me he heard about a surgeon is europe that did this procedure over ten plus years ago but said that guy gave him a very low success rate and also didn't seem to care... he also read about Hsu but again back then very little info on him and he basically just took a chance and saw Hsu based on his research. Then when he responded to me on the forum and messages i asked him tons of questions about Hsu and eventually i saw Hsu. That guy was actually upset i was rushing to see Hsu as quick as possible.

donny3

Postby donny3 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:19 pm

Slavicguy123 wrote:In the defense of donny and this doctor, all of you that doubt the efficiancy of this surgery i understand that this type of surgery is not magic bullet, but all of you should read just few publications of this doctor and this surgery and you will see that this guy has a lot of knowledge about penis anatomy , i am certain more than any other doctor in the world, you can just look out in his publications and see for yourself, maybe this surgery wouldnt work for many but certanly you can not say that this is fraud, regards!

I know Hsu has lot of publications. He has been in many conferences etc. He told me many times he traveled going to these demonstrations with other urologists around the world etc.

He is probably the most knowledgeable person on the penis anatomy. He even tells me he is friends with Tom Lue.

Also look at the comments from the people who talked bad about Hsu. They did not give you the full story. Hsu told me one of those patients masturbated way too early after the procedure when Hsu told him specifically do not do anything for a few weeks. Also another guy... he had a procedure done in Europe first... it did not go good... then he asked Hsu to do a surgery to fix it. Hsu told me he didn't even want to take him as a patient because performing a surgery on someone who had surgery by some other doctor ... the success rate is very low for Hsu. So because that didn't go well, he is obviously upset but Hsu already told him success rate is low. Besides these two patients, find me some other patients who had the procedure and said something negative about him. If Hsu is bad... then why does he have all these publications and other urologists around the world knowing who he is then?

Return to “Young members”