Prostate massage: Four questions from a novice

A very new area of interest is penile physical therapy. From exercises to stretching to vibrational therapy, it's all new and still being studied. This is where we can share techniques, exercises and successes.
Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:41 pm

It is becoming clear to me that prostate massage is good for physical health, sexual health and is helpful for connecting with a partner. This brought some questions to my mind.

First question:
As a brand-new practitioner, I wonder whether it is better to be done solo or with one's romantic/sexual partner. I figure that there may be different answers depending on if one's reason for the prostate massage is purely for prostate health (or rehabilitation after a health problem), sexual gratification or relationship growth.

Please discuss (in depth - no pun intended), with a mind to illuminating the reasons for participation of a partner or by yourself.

Second question:
Use of a tool vs finger(s) (yourself or by a partner) Fingers can be rough, but might more easily find/manipulate the prostate. Tools can reach well but (especially used by a partner) may have difficulty finding the right spot. One or the other might be easier to use for the extended period of time it takes to reach a prostate orgasm.

Third question:
How long does it take (number of tries/sessions) to reach a prostate orgasm the first time.

Fourth question:
How long does it take (in minutes) to reach a prostate orgasm (first time and as you gain more experience)? With a partner or by yourself?

Thanks to the couple of men who have been so generous thus far in my education (mostly in private messages).

I am posting this in "General Discussion", "ED and Gay Men" and "Penile Physical Therapy" for better coverage. I will be monitoring all.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

dg_moore

Re: Prostate massage: Four questions from a novice

Postby dg_moore » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:16 pm

To each is own, and I make no judgement, but personally I can't imagine engaging in this activity.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Whodat

Postby Whodat » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:36 pm

Had the Uro do it for prostate infection and normal check up. It hurt and burned like HELL ! Would not welcome that again plus my GF would gross out. But whatever floats your boat.
Age 80 good health. Radiation prostate 28 hits 4 years ago with 6 months of horrible ADT. Good recovery and ED worse.
Can't tolerate oral drugs but 5 years of Alprostadil 40mcg/ml 25 units is a miracle for 3 hours. GF is happy!!

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:34 am

I, too was skeptical and somewhat grossed out at the concept. But there is some evidence of benefits that warranted further investigation. But I will not open a debate in a forum and thank you for your confirmation that MY first impressions are the norm.

Any man who holds the same beliefs at 70 that he held at 40 learned nothing in 30 years of living.

I thank you for your inputs, whodat and dg_moore.

Edited to add clarification about my own original feelings/misgivings. I became more comfortable with the concept of someone sticking something up my anus when I considered that the prostate is related to the female "G-spot" in sexual response and the anus is simply the entry point that allows access to it.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

LookingUp

Postby LookingUp » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:54 pm

Prostate Milking. Nothing wrong with exploration. Finger, Dildo, Vibrator, ElectroStim (not electroejaculation by a doctor). A prostate orgasm is incredible with/without a partner.

A colonoscopy doesn't make you or the Doc Gay. Get over yourself, life is short.

LUp
ED 26 years. 1995->Pills->Shots->Implant penoscrotal Implanted Feb2021, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal, 100cc reservoir. Looking forward to revision with a better Doctor.

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:13 am

The prostate, testes and penis make up a man's 3 sexual organs. Stimulation of the prostate provides very different sensations, and sexual response than penile stimulation. A prostate induced orgasm is nothing like an orgasm resulting from stimulation of the penis. Just because this sex organ is located inside your anus, doesn't make a man gay, or depraved if he has discovered the pleasure which can result from manipulation of his prostate organ. The sensitivity of the prostate is the reason why so many men, gay, straight and every where else on the sexual spectrum, enjoy anal play. Culturally, men are conditioned to never admit to finding pleasure in a less than dominant manner, so never acknowledge enjoying anal exploration, feeling that it makes one less of a man. It's your body, explore it and enjoy the pleasure it is wired to provide. Just one man's opinion.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:17 pm

surfius wrote:I massage myself on my own, as my partner refuses to participate in this. This is normal?

What is "normal"?

Taking the meaning of the word as "in the range of behaviors", yes this is normal because many people do not like doing this (men or women as giver or receiver)

Taking the meaning of the word as "conforming to a standard", not necessarily.

I urge you to think of your partner (or yourself) neither as "normal" or "abnormal", but "preferential". Thinking in the binary mode of "normal" or "abnormal" leads to judgmental thinking, which sometimes obstructs open communication between partners.

Go forth and be happy. No matter how you accomplish that as long as no injury (mental or physical) is involved. (And that is my judgement as well as recommendation.)
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Penile Physical Therapy”