Physical Therapy

A very new area of interest is penile physical therapy. From exercises to stretching to vibrational therapy, it's all new and still being studied. This is where we can share techniques, exercises and successes.
Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Physical Therapy

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:36 am

There finally appears to be some interest in the concept of physical therapy for the penis. It's been a long time coming. There is physical therapy for nearly every other part of the body. Anyone who has been to PT remembers the stretching, the exercises, the work outs.
For a long time, we've been hearing stories of guys using exercises that were used for penile enlargement that began to have an affect on Erection Quality (EQ). Mild jelqing exercises, stretching, and frequent stimulation have all seemed to help guys regain some response and then allow the medical ED treaments to have a better effect.
There are a few bright spots on the horizon, however. For example, the new Viberect is a physical therapy tool. It is NOT a quick fix for ED. It might be a quick, great orgasm, but the concept is exactly what PT is. Stimulation through manipulation - improving blood flow, retraining nerves. Now this is not a commercial for the Viberect, but it is a perfect example of where ED treatment needs to go.
Another example is the vacuum pump. Without proper training it is cumbersome. When used as a physical therapy device it is lot more fun. Once that use is mastered, using it for sex is a simple extension of therapy. Stretching tissue, pulling blood into the penis (not ALL of the blood is venous blood), and even the mental effect of seeing your penis back the way you remember it, all combine to stimulate natural responses.
The way things work in the medical world, something has to go through complete medical studies and trial before it is commonly accepted. Trimix is an example. Many doctors won't prescribe it because it is an off-lable use for two of the drugs and they have never been through studies to prove they are effective and safe.
I think many of us have experienced the "use it or lose it" idea with ED - that's simply the concept of physical therapy on a small scale. When I work with men clinically, we put them on a PT regime. For the men who do the regime, they find their need for medical intervention is lowered. In other words, smaller doses of injectables or they might finally start responding to the oral drugs.
In this forum, I would LOVE IT, if guys who do penile exercises would share what they do - and how it has helped. We are hoping to work with other foundations to apply for grants to fund a formal medical study of PT for the penis. What you enter on this forum will directly supply anecdotal evidence for this study. So, the future of ED treatments is literally in your hands!
Guys, will you help?
Thanks
Paul

regain-is-the-aim

Re: Physical Therapy

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:53 pm

Paul:

I think this is a wonderful, helpful suggestion!! However, if we are going to be frank and explicit and hopefully some guys will post pics, etc to illustrate their therapy approach can we make this Section a "Members Only" access?

That status will provide some additional protections that just anyone trolling thru can not abuse our sharing with each other. There is much to be learned along these lines and since medical personnel do not seem to care or display much interest in our journey; we are our own best sources of experience and progress. I have learned here and may be even able to share my process and progress with others.

Thanks for proposing this new Section as our helping each other and supporting each other's progress is the heart of this clan.

Just a Thought.

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:03 pm

Dick
I had not even thought about guys posting pics or sharing like that - but what a GREAT idea. OK. Tomorrow, this forum is going to be members only.

Each month we have about 10,000 people who come here and just lurk. That's great - glad they are here. But if they want to see this forum, they will have to register!

So, become a member and see the forums you are missing!
Paul

antelope

Postby antelope » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:41 am

We can call this Forum "Pexercise".

G
BR
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:17 am

This forum in now only visible to Registered members of FrankTalk.

In order for this to be the most beneficial, it would be great if you could include very specific instruction or descriptions of the exercises you may have used.
Include a URL if there is a web page on the exercise.
You may certainly include photos.
Thanks so much guys.
I will be taking information from here to the American Urological Association Foundation with a grant request to start a study on physical Therapy for the penis.
Paul

Return to “Penile Physical Therapy”