THE JOB INTERVIEW

Sometimes ya gotta laugh.
Forum rules
Few things are as funny as unintentional phallic references or phallic symbols that no one noticed. If you find a funny picture, send it in. This is NOT the place for dirty jokes - there are lots of sites for those!
bromeman

THE JOB INTERVIEW

Postby bromeman » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:08 am

Reaching the end of a job interview, the Human Resources Officer asks a young engineer fresh out of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, "And what starting salary are you looking for?" The engineer replies, "In the region of $125,000 a year, depending on the benefits package." The interviewer inquires, "Well, what would you say to a package of five weeks’ vacation, 14 paid holidays, full medical and dental, company matching retirement fund to 50% of salary, and a company car leased every two years, say, a red Corvette?" The engineer sits up straight and says, "Wow! Are you kidding?" The interviewer replies, "Yeah, but you started it."

stagefright

Re: THE JOB INTERVIEW

Postby stagefright » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:22 pm

haha! good one.

KenJ1947

Postby KenJ1947 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:09 am

bromeman wrote:Reaching the end of a job interview, the Human Resources Officer asks a young engineer fresh out of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, "And what starting salary are you looking for?" The engineer replies, "In the region of $125,000 a year, depending on the benefits package." The interviewer inquires, "Well, what would you say to a package of five weeks’ vacation, 14 paid holidays, full medical and dental, company matching retirement fund to 50% of salary, and a company car leased every two years, say, a red Corvette?" The engineer sits up straight and says, "Wow! Are you kidding?" The interviewer replies, "Yeah, but you started it."

I loved it. I had a similar experience when I retired from the Air Force. After explaining a standard benefits package, the manager wrote an offer on a sheet of paper and handed if to me. The company was the Ross Perot- founded, then GM-owned Electronic Data Systems. I wanted to laugh but did give a counter offer since he knew what I made in the Air Force (public record). I did get a bit more.

We need a Facebook-type emoji system so we could just click a haha :D on a post. The smilies are great inside a post. They work.
Married 50+ years, 75, ED for 10 years.

Dr Mark Allen, Plano, TX. Surgery at Baylor, Scott and White Frisco, TX. AMS 700 CX MS, 24 cm + 2 cm RTEs x 2.4 cm tubes, 100 ml reservoir.

4 grandkids (son 25, daughter 23, son 21, daughter 7).

KenJ1947

Postby KenJ1947 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:47 pm

MrBrown007 wrote:ahah... nice( I will tell it to my friends today, for sure they will laugh). Very funny but I can say that the joke is from real life hahah lol. Guys if you are interested in finding a real paid job without jokes then you can become a HVAC Technician. On hvacschools411.com is a lot of useful information about how to become it, what are the salaries and in what regions you can be better paid, what can be the problems what you will front and other useful information.

I'm one who thinks that college isn't for everyone. My younger grandson told his parents that he wanted to be a welder. There was consternation but I talked with him about other possible paths, including HVAC, plumbing, mechanic...he's stuck with welding. I got him to look at available vocational training schools.
Married 50+ years, 75, ED for 10 years.

Dr Mark Allen, Plano, TX. Surgery at Baylor, Scott and White Frisco, TX. AMS 700 CX MS, 24 cm + 2 cm RTEs x 2.4 cm tubes, 100 ml reservoir.

4 grandkids (son 25, daughter 23, son 21, daughter 7).

Return to “Humor and Fun”