Hello

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
parsons

Hello

Postby parsons » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:21 pm

I'm a new member, 75 years old, have had active prostate cancer for 20 years. For seven years I led the American Cancer Society Prostate Cancer Support Group at the local hospital. I found FrankTalk through the PCRI Insight journal (a prostate cancer medical journal).

I had a radical prostatectomy in 1991. Three years later the cancer return, and I had a course of external beam radiation. Another four years and cancer returned again. In 1999 I started hormone therapy. I've had various leuprolide medications ever since. I'm now on intermittent Eligard 45 mg. Although prostate cancer cells are still active, they are controlled with Eligard.

I have the typical side affects: total impotence, significant urinary incontinence, lack of libido. But I'm still alive! I'm happy to help anyone I can.

Parsons

regain-is-the-aim

Re: Hello

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:08 pm

Parsons:

Welcome!! It is nice to have you amongst us. You bring a tremendous amount of experiences to our clan. Your journey has certainly been a rough one but your attitude and positive approach is something we can all learn from.

I am also a PCa victim and coming up on my five years. So far so good but I know there could still be one of those little sh ts cells somewhere running around and could ruin my day at any point. It is something we all learn to live with. Please stay active with us and join in the chat room when you can. It can be bawdy, supportive and a wonderful place.

Again, welcome.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”