Just joined

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
dlampton

Just joined

Postby dlampton » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:55 am

Just joined...this looks like the place for lots of advice and exchange of information.

My AMS 700 LGX was installed and activation to happen June 1. This didn't happen because I slipped and broke my femur. We looked it over a week or so ago and he told me to play around with it and come back in a couple months. Anyway, neither he nor I inflated to the max; it can't get it up right now and have tried daily: One, the pump feels like a peach pit, almost no "give" even using the 2-handed squeeze. Shit. Two, it won't get hard nor beyond about 30 degrees. That''s what I was like "before."
'
I don't know what advice anyone can give but it looks more and more like a revision here right off the bat and after trying a few days more I guess I'll try and get in to see my doc to see if HE can make it get up and go from there. I'm not sure I'm up to another operation after the recent orthopedic work on my femur and hip.

Anyway, that's where I am and I appreciate the welcome.

Dick

thinktank

Re: Just joined

Postby thinktank » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:51 am

Phew.

Dick-- so sorry for the spate of bad circumstances. All that cutting on your private parts, your othopedic surgery and still limp. Ouch!

Will put you on the prayer list.

You deserve some better times and a renaissance in your erectile/sex life.

Welcome to this site and blessings for today and on your patience as you endure these disapointments.

You are correct. There are alot of guys here who can help you and not being an implant guy yet, someone other than I will come to your aid. Meanwhile, will be praying for you man. This is a great group of men with lots of commoraderie

TT

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Dick: Hope some of the implant guys can jump in and give you some advise. You might want to post this in the implant section. Do keep us posted.

Cajun jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

ariadne

Postby ariadne » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:45 pm

Yes, the pump of the AMS LGX is stiff! I use my right thumb on the pump (carefull not to press the release valve at the same time) and apply pressure with my left thumb. Works well for me. Sometimes my pump will deflate and not expand for the next pump. Press the release valve once, and this gets all the mechanism working again. Some days, I get a full erection with 3-4 full pumps; other days it take several pumps. When the implant tubes are full of course more pressure is required to add any further saline solution to a full tube. I believe you can work this all out and start enjoying the AMS as I am. Sorry about the broken bone. Hankthedog

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:15 pm

Dick:

Welcome to FT. Sorry I didn't see ur post sooner. You sound a lot like me, if it weren't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all! I hope you are mending well.

I also have an LGX, implanted this past St. Paddy's Day. I had a lot of swelling around the pump, which builds a padding around it and makes it quite hard to inflate. All I can tell you is squeeze, I mean squeeze! 10 pumps and I'm looking good, 15 gets me quite hard, and I usually give it 4 or 5 more during the course of sex. I also do that frequently to get the expansion capability of the LGX working, it is quite important to do that for the first 18 months, so I'm told. I will tell you it does continue to grow.

I would also suggest it will get easier to squeeze the more you do it. Pump it, wait a few minutes, pump some more, wait, pump, wait, pump. You get the idea. Your penis will be throbbing when you pump really hard, it is being stretched and the device is being seated, especially in the glans. Massage it a bit when it hurts, a little sexual excitement actually acts as an anesthetic, relieving the pain. When it gets to the point I can't handle it, I deflate.

Do this twice a day and let me know if you see some growth. I don't point to the ceiling (while standing) but when I'm on my back, that bad boy points straight up, very proud of himself. Keep me posted!

Dave
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

dlampton

Postby dlampton » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:51 am

Thanks guys, I called tbe AMS lady and she said i probably have some scar tissue in the carposa and just keep pumping and squeeze hard and it should correct before too long...talking months. I can get it to where it's functional and looking forward to 100%.

I have yet to discover how to make something good happen without hard work and apparently this is no exception. Fun work, though.

I'll stay in touch....

Dick

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”