Advice AMS LGX

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
SteveH

Advice AMS LGX

Postby SteveH » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:13 am

Had an AMS LGX fitted 4 weeks ago this morning I thought a nice hot bath and familiarise myself with the new plumbing found the pump located the release button and tried a pump - pump seems rock hard -no pop from valve - tried a quick pump tried a slow pump still no luck
I hope its me and not a faulty part to be replaced
ADVIcE PLEASE
Not due back to Hospital till 25th March for checking
AMS LGX 18cm with 3mm rte Feb 2015 - Penis damaged in bike accident August 2007

bclogan1

Re: Advice AMS LGX

Postby bclogan1 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:23 pm

Steveh….The first activation can be tough as the circuit might have an air bubble or is just sticky. Couple of things to try; make sure your penis is pointed north as this helps straighten out the tubes. The second thing is when you find the pump try giving it a good squeeze while holding the block but don't activate the release valve by mistake. If that position does not work try squeezing from the side of the bulb. Lastly, have your partner squeeze the bulb as it might be your hand position is in the wrong spot. Post op the pump tends to ride high and needs to be pulled down has been my experience. Another note; The release button only works if there is pressure in the circuit so its great to locate the button but to actually make it work you need a few pumps.

My first activation was weird, the bulb was very hard then all of a sudden I got it to activate and then it filled with fluid and got hard to pump again. What I did not realize was the circuit was actually working and I was reluctant to squeeze hard enough to get the desired affect. I went from two squeezes at 14 days to my current 30 and times at just over a month now, it does get easier.

Hope this helps and all the best…

SteveH

Postby SteveH » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:38 pm

Thank you you were right - in all things -I thought it would be easier than it is but I am learning
Half the trouble is not wishing to hurt yourself but squeeze hard to activate
AMS LGX 18cm with 3mm rte Feb 2015 - Penis damaged in bike accident August 2007

bclogan1

Postby bclogan1 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:44 pm

Happy to hear its working...good luck and happy pumping

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”