Seeking Information in Alabama

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
BillinAL

Seeking Information in Alabama

Postby BillinAL » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:18 pm

Good afternoon,
I have been reading this forum now for a few weeks and decided to register. This is the most direct and informative forum I have found on implants. Thanks to all for your willingness to educate us newbies.

I am 67, had a prostatechomy in Birmingham in December 2010. Had some ED prior to that operation, but nothing the blue pill wouldn't handle. However, since the operation, it has been progressively down hill in the ED department. I have tried all the pills with little effect. The VED gives me a cold hot dog and the injections don't work very well either. My urologist says I have venous leakage so the poor, partial erections I sometimes get last no time at all. I have been married to a wonderful woman for 41 years, and she has helped me try everything. I sorely miss the full intimacy we have enjoyed over the years.

I have an initial appointment with Dr Milam at Vanderbilt on April 8th in Nashville to discuss my situation and try to decide whether to become "bionic".

Again - thanks to all. Assuming I go forward with this, I am willing to share my experience in the hope that it might help someone else.

BillinAL
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

billylee

Re: Seeking Information in Alabama

Postby billylee » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:56 pm

Good luck. IMO, you will be seeing one of the best IPP surgeons. He was one of my first choices but I could not arrange appt as soon as I wanted. His fine office staff helped me find the surgeon I eventually used.
Billy
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

Mike Zee

Postby Mike Zee » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:10 pm

It is very important that I post your situation is sorta in the the mix.

So this lady is willing to help you out!

I love this situation...

Mike Zee

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:14 pm

Thank you Billy and Mike for taking the time to reply. As I read further, Dr Milam does have a good overall rep and I do have a supportive wife so I have at least two strong things going for me.

Bill
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

billylee

Postby billylee » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:29 pm

Absolutely!

Although my final choice of surgeons was Allen Morey, it was much to the recommendation of Milam and certainly location. Morey seemed very impressed in the mention of Milam, he spoke as though he knew him, maybe even golfing buddies at some point. I am pleased with my choice, but feel I would have been equally happy with Milam. Distance to Dallas sure beat going to Nashville and so far results look pleasing. Billy
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

billy1947

Postby billy1947 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:11 pm

I had surgery by Dr. Milam on Feb. 27 and so far I am well pleased. I had very little pain, had some swelling and some brusing but over all it was good. My biggest problem is not being able to pick up more than 15 pounds until 4/17 my next appointment. I am retired but I live on a small farm and there is plenty of work needs to be done. I know it will be worth it when these six weeks are over.

billylee

Postby billylee » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:06 pm

billy1947 wrote:I had surgery by Dr. Milam on Feb. 27 and so far I am well pleased. I had very little pain, had some swelling and some brusing but over all it was good. My biggest problem is not being able to pick up more than 15 pounds until 4/17 my next appointment. I am retired but I live on a small farm and there is plenty of work needs to be done. I know it will be worth it when these six weeks are over.

Although I feel my healing is going well and seems much as yours but I also live in country on small ranch where plenty to do, especially "honey dos" with spring coming on...leaves needing racking, flower beds cleaned, yard mowed, etc. That 10-15 pound limit is tough even at 9 days when it is so nice outside.

Did Milam send you home partially pumped as Morey did me? Today I felt I had either lost some pump pressure or swelling I had not noticed went down as I felt less pressure and thought I could see less in length (proud of every inch however knowing it can get hard and for a controlled time).
billy

billy1947

Postby billy1947 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:13 pm

billylee
Yes I am partially pumped. I am glad to have a hand held urinal, peeing without it is not good. Although it is nice to have a partial erection, I would like to let it down for a short time.

billylee

Postby billylee » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:24 pm

billy1947 wrote:billylee
Yes I am partially pumped. I am glad to have a hand held urinal, peeing without it is not good. Although it is nice to have a partial erection, I would like to let it down for a short time.

Sort of the way I felt, until, as you read, it went down. I am really concerned that pump is leaking in some manner, but maybe all part of process.

Bet you are very impressed with Milam's staff. I was, and quite frankly not so with Morey nor many of his staff, but then it was his numbers and skills that I felt mattered the most, that I found. Perhaps I would have found all in Milam, but at three times the distance. Good luck.

Billy in TX

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”