Joining From Georgia

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
AfterHours10

Joining From Georgia

Postby AfterHours10 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:34 pm

Hello, I’d like to introduce myself to all members of the forums and administrators of this site.
I’m a 51 year old steel erection foreman from Georgia, diagnosed with prostate cancer in February
Of this year. My PSA level was 9.9, Gleason score of 7. Had Robotic Prostatectomy May 23rd and
Now still in the healing process. I know with my job title being a steel erection foreman, I can
Expect to read some jokes about it, with having ED at this point and time. I came across this site as a result of a search trying to find out more information about this condition. My doctor did say I should return to normal because he did nerve sparring procedure. After reading some of the information on this site I decided to join, not only to help others with my experiences, but to get the latest news on any new medications that would help this condition move along faster. I have to admit my life has changed quite a bit, from the way it use to be. So with that being said, I hope to get help here with ED. I started on Trimix last week, and I’m getting the erections like I use to before surgery. But this is not something that I want to do to have sex every time. However, it is what it is, and if I have to stick a needle in my Johnson to get back to the way it use to be, then hey I don’t have a choice then do I? So, I’m looking forward to meeting members here and adding my input as well as asking questions about things I’m curious about
<If You Don't Know, Ask Somebody> 51 year young, prostate cancer Feb. 2013. Gleason score 4 + 3 = 7 Nerve Sparring Robotic Prostatectomy May 23, 2013. Pumping and using #5 ML Trimix Papaverine /Phentol /Prost 30MG / 1MG /10MCG / ML SOI

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: Joining From Georgia

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:08 pm

AfterHours10 ... Welcome to FT
Sounds like your are progressing as best as can be expected ... don't fall for the "you'll be back to normal soon enough". That just doesn't happen, although it's the standard URO reply from their playbook.

Long term ... pumping and Trimix should provide an adequate solution to your ED issues. Keep us posted on your progress ...
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

AfterHours10

Postby AfterHours10 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:08 pm

Thanks Bionic for keeping it real. I have been told that it could take up to 2 years to fully recover, and even then it's still not guaranteed.
I'm just gonna do everything I can do, to try and make it happen. I just hate the fact that I can't have spontaneous sexual activity anymore.
You have to plan and hope you inject right to make it happen. However, it's better than not having any at all. One thing though, I do like the
fact that I can keep going longer even after having an orgasm.
<If You Don't Know, Ask Somebody> 51 year young, prostate cancer Feb. 2013. Gleason score 4 + 3 = 7 Nerve Sparring Robotic Prostatectomy May 23, 2013. Pumping and using #5 ML Trimix Papaverine /Phentol /Prost 30MG / 1MG /10MCG / ML SOI

Woodicould

Postby Woodicould » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:35 am

I did radiation I stead of surgery, but during the recovery stage no matter what procedure you had according to Dr Mulhall you need to keep the erections going. Looks like you got good advice so keep doing what ever it takes to keep things up down there. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.
Prostate cancer age 65 with PSA 5.8. Biopsy Oct 2010. Gleason score of 7, 3+4 with perineural invasion. Stage II, T2cNXMX.
Jan-Feb 2011 radiation. Palladium-103 seed implant March 2011 (55 implants). Lupron treatment from Dec 2010 to Aug 2011 (8 months).

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Welcome to FT. Hang in there and don't get discouraged. There are guys who recover, and there is always the implant. My implant gave my wife and I the spontaneity we were used to and now we are having the best sex of our lives, in our 60's! Lots of info and support here, great group of guys.
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”