Appt with URO doc tomorrow

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
tomas1

Appt with URO doc tomorrow

Postby tomas1 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:44 pm

I've used oral meds for over 10 years and they always worked till recently. I also have tried the pump, but I'll give up sex rather than use a semi hard tool. Anyhow, I've decided to give the injections a try. I have no idea why, but I've had several successes with the oral lately, but not very good ones. I hate to have to hurry and finish to avoid getting soft.

I will still have my appointment and hope I don't have the experience some of you have reported.. I wonder if I should allow my wife to go to the doc with me? I won't let her go into an exam room though.

I'm 74 now, but in pretty good shape; 161lbs and 5' 9. I play golf about 54 holes a week and walk 9 holes 3 times a week.

I take meds for BP and it's under control. I have no diabetes.

I'll give you a report tomorrow.

Tom
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

tomas1

Re: Appt with URO doc tomorrow

Postby tomas1 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:20 pm

I went to the doc today. He was pretty thorough about what may or may not have cause my problem. He asked about my PSA and I had a fresh test since my PCP required it for my Testosterone injections. It was 2.5. He also did the digital test which my PCP doesn't do (maybe it's a guy thing?) The prostate is enlarge, but the doc said it felt smooth for what that's worth. We finally got around to treatments and he suggested the pump, injections, or implants. I ruled out the pump since I don't think It will work for me and I have tried it. We decided to give the injections a go, and he liked that I self inject testosterone. Funny, but yesterday, I was putting the safety cap back on a syringe, and the needle went through the side of the cap and stuck my finger. I'll have to be more careful about that in the future. We have another apt on Monday and he wants it early to avoid priapism. I suggested that we work up instead of down. He did recommend sticking the 1/2" needle alway in. I asked if it went to the middle would it hit the urethra. He said it is lower and I hope he's right.
He'd better not suggest letting female assistants watch. Maybe they could try it out if they want lol.
85 years

cwatt1

Postby cwatt1 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Welcome to Franktalk! I'm relatively new here also and have many of the same issues as you. Oral meds work marginally well, although maybe I'm getting used to using them after "practicing" a few times. Today I was able to penetrate and maintain my erection for 5 minutes, but pulled out because neither my wife nor I felt we were going to climax.

I've been considering injections as well, also pumps for increasing blood flow. I might also try the Viberect device (www.reflexonic.com).

You'll find lots of support here from a great bunch of guys. Don't be afraid or embarrased to ask anything that's on your mind.

Blessings and good luck to you.

Cary
ED since using SSRI antidepressants. Unable to maintain erection sufficient for penetration. Tried PDE5's, VED, injections. AMS 700 CX implanted 8/1/2022, penoscrotal by Dr. McVary, Loyola medical center. 15cm + 1.5 and 1.0 RTE's. 65 ml reservoir.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:02 pm

I found the pump at least useful to keep from getting any shrinkage. It did get blood flowing and later, the orals worked better.

I'll let you know how my Monday appointment goes. I really hope they don't just try to milk Medicare and my supplementary ins out of too many visits.

Is Walmart a cost effective pharmacy for the supplies? I guess I'll use them for the first go round though.

For some reason, I can't view any private messages I seem to have.
85 years

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:39 pm

At the docs today he shot me with .2 units (at least it was at .2 graduation mark on a 1 syringe) and gave me 10 minutes. It was 1/2 hard but he wasn't concerned. He said it would be difficult to get stimulated in those surroundings. I hurried home in less than 1/2 hour and tried to use it and it went soft. Maybe the dosage isn't high enough.

I hope the prescription isn't for prefilled syringes. We go pick em up after lunch today at a compounder less than a mile from my house.

At least I have no discomfort or soreness, but I hope things go better next time?
Tom
85 years

terraplane

Postby terraplane » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:55 am

tomas , sounds like you're on the right track , and you have the right attitude , it might take awhile to dial in the right dosage , but once you do it will be worth all the trouble .

Chuck
Radical prostatectomy Mar . 2010 age 63 , everything good except for ED . Have tried the big three pills , VED , and Muse , results unsatisfactory . My trimix formula is : 25MG Papa ,.8 MG Phento , 8 MCG /M PGE 1

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:11 pm

On my fourth try this morning (not all 4 today), I finally got it dialed in right. I increased the dosage the last 2 times, and this time it was good. I had bought some cocoa butter at WM and was apprehensive about using it as a lube since it was for external use only. It worked great and I hope it is accepted by my wife with no problems.
I didn't have any problems losing the erection and that is good. I've gotten spontaneous erections throughout the day, but they are short lasting.
I was really beginning to think that I was immune to the trimix or that it was going the wrong way in my body.
Also, not a drop of bleeding, but I did extract a small amount of blood to ensure that I hit the right spot.
85 years

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:51 pm

After some more episodes, my wife thinks the cocoa butter is irritating her. I have some cocoanut oil that's supposed to be edible that I may try. It seems to be liquid at our room temperature in summer, but that may even make it easier to use?
85 years

terraplane

Postby terraplane » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:17 am

You both will love coconut oil ....really slippery , smells good , and most importantly tastes good !
Radical prostatectomy Mar . 2010 age 63 , everything good except for ED . Have tried the big three pills , VED , and Muse , results unsatisfactory . My trimix formula is : 25MG Papa ,.8 MG Phento , 8 MCG /M PGE 1

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”