Another newbie on the discussion group

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
michaelho

Another newbie on the discussion group

Postby michaelho » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:19 am

Hi,
I found this site by accident and was instantly interested because men were posting stories or bits of information about THEMSELVES.
Ie not filtered through medical speak or censored because someone is taking about a penis or performance during sex. In other words what the web site says "Frank Talk" (Let's thank Frank"). Reminds me of a lesbian joke "Can I be Frank with you"

Jokes aside, Several years ago I mentioned to my female GP (general family doctor, an Australian term), that I had bent & hurt my penis during sex, that it was bruised and sunsequent sex was hurting. She didn't really say anything. She didn't tell me to see a urologist immediately, but basically said it will get better. I had bent it double during a thrust ie bloody well missed! And I had also been wearing a rubber ring, just for experimentation.

Well as many who this has happened to may know, it didn't get better. My penis didn't hurt as much but as time elapsed it develeoped an upward bend and it used to gently bend down. It used to be long and I felt, very effective. My wife was always happy with me sexually. The upward bend got worse and the length has reduced by about 2 inches. Independent to this, I have also developed a gradual ED, probably due to diabetes, giving me at first soft erections then variable results. With the 2 problems together, our sex life has ceased. Because I am 60, I suppose I'm lucky that this has happened over the few years and not earlier. I have been depressed about it all anyway,aand the occasional comment between us like what it was like only a few years ago, brings back the grief we have both felt about such things.
I'm sure the average population does not recognise what it's like for the older man suffering such loss and indeed his spouse. It is like losing a central MALE core of your life and it is a subject you can't easily talk to others about. Hence my appreciation for this site. I don't dwell on it, otherwise one would just be sad / depressed all the time. :)
Cheers from Australia!
65 yrs , T2 diabetic 10yrs, now on insulin. Peyronies due to trauma, ED 50%. Ruined sex life.

Cajun Jeff

Re: Another newbie on the discussion group

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:50 pm

Mike, Welcome to FT. Lots of GREAT Guys here to help you. We are all in this battle together. :)
By the way there are several guys on here from Australia.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

antelope

Postby antelope » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:44 am

ED is not LIKE losing an essential part of begin a man--it IS losing an essential part of being a man. The good news, my new Aussie friend, is that there is a solution that will work for you. It's up to you to find it. We'll cheer you on every step of the way and provide as much feedback as we can during your journey. Welcome!

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

losangeles

Postby losangeles » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:36 pm

hi Mike,

I visited Pearth twice when i was in the Naval Submarine Service. You Aussi guys took us in and made us feel right at home. It still ranks up there with my most favorite port visit. I have wonderful memories of Australia and the people there. If i may, i would make one suggestion. Find a good urologist that you find comfortable talking to and get some information and what is available to you. There is a wealth of information out there but you will have to do the foot work. I am fortunate that my urologist is a good and knowledgeable physician and is easy to talk to, somewhat like FT. Good luck in your search. i have only been in this forum for a few months. There is a graduate degree of information on this site. take some time to explore. If you have specific questions please ask? We are all open and up front. Take care. Look forward to hearing from you more. Los Angeles

rschweiger

Postby rschweiger » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:00 am

Hi mike, welcome aboard.
I agree w/the others it is a problem that takes away your manhood and also knows no age, I started @ 37 finally implanted @ 41. You are in the right place just know there is hope and it doesn't have to end .
The best of luck on your journey and we're here for you.
Best wishes,Rich.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”