Hi Brothers and fellow comrades.

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
hopelight

Hi Brothers and fellow comrades.

Postby hopelight » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:51 am

Dear all, hope you are doing well.

I'm 35 year old and recently joined frank talk. I had a crural ligation surgery done about 4 years ago with unsatisfactory results. Currently i'm on trimax and educating myself for the possible reality of getting an implant someday.

I have several questions which I will include in separate posts.
But for now: Is anyone of you using trimax or have implant and is in a heterosexual loving relationship? Based on your experiences, is it possible to have a loving relationship while being on trimax or with implant? I'm looking for the success stories I can use as my role models.
I myself have dated, but am currently single, and I just can't give up on finding a balanced loving relationship with a woman to start a family with.

Please take time to help me with these questions.
Kind regards,
Hopelight - is on.

antelope

Re: Hi Brothers and fellow comrades.

Postby antelope » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:51 am

Case study antelope, short version: age 64, married since 1969, normal healthy sexual relationship, ED due to diabetes, pills no help, continued outstanding success with Trimix. As someone on this site said previously, it's like being 19 again without the stupid!

Finding the right solution restored my ability to have a killer erection and thus restored the physical intimacy in my relationship. And no matter how much we may wax poetic about the spiritual nature of love, physical intimacy is a critical part of a marriage. That is how the male of the species is wired.

My best overall advice to anyone looking to avoid or recover from any kind of ED is to get and stay healthy. ED is always a symptom. Do what you can to alleviate the underlying cause and you'll be better for it all over. Besides, being fit and trim and strong is an decided advantage in the dating pool. More importantly, you need to be fit in order to take full advantage of that raging 3 hour erection. :)

Best wishes for hard times,

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

hopelight

Postby hopelight » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:33 am

Antelope, thanks for your advice.

Did you have ED when you met your wife? Were you already on pills or trimex before you met her?

hopelight

Postby hopelight » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:40 am

Anyone other members with success stories? please share. As one or more role models could help many of us not to give up on our dream of finding a healthy relationship and family someday.

antelope

Postby antelope » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:15 am

Hopelight,

No I met my wife when we were five years old; were friends all thru school; had our first date when we were college freshmen; married after our junior year at age 21; Type II diabetes at age 35; ED didn't really show up until about age 55. So by then we certainly didn't have any secrets. (Except, of course, for my emergency "husband fund". Ha Ha) My sweet wife has been totally supportive of my efforts to regain sexual intimacy. Deep down I think she could probably take it or leave it but she understands how important it is to me.

Always remember that women are complicated creatures. Men's needs are very simple: Show up naked and bring beer!

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

hopelight

Postby hopelight » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:11 pm

Antelope, Thanks much again for taking the time out to share your experience with ED and healthy love life. I want you to know people and couples like you are an inspiration to many. Kindest blessings.

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:37 pm

Another success story for you. My wife and I are trying to wear out an implant. Both 66, been married for 42 years, the ED came after prostate cancer surgery in 2000. Used injections for about 11 years they quit and then got my implant about 3 months ago.

It has improved our sexual intimacy since my wife no longer worries that I hurt myself when I inject. More spontaneous, too; just a quick pump and then go till neither one of us can move. Makes me horny just thinking about it.

Research your doctor well and go for it. Not married yet that should discourage a prospetive bride, if it does she aint the right one anyway!

Dave
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

hopelight

Postby hopelight » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:51 am

Radiodec: Thank you sir for sharing your success story.
In the last line, did you mean to go for implant before finding the right woman or after?

losangeles

Postby losangeles » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:58 pm

the short and dirty is the i probably had diabetes II years before i was tested for it. i am 59 years old married for 38 years. the ed had been showing it's ugly face for several years before. i was in the submarine service for 25 years and chalked up my ed to stress and underway schedule. went to urologist who showed no signs of leaving until i was totally exhausted of questions, worries and anxieties. tested my testosterone level and found that i was so low that i might as well not had any at all. so started testosterone pellets and could not believe what an overall feeling of well being and energy i had. but alas, the penis was not impressed. went back to uro and started pills. they stopped working after a couple of years. went to the pump and had good success with this and still use. i just find it a bother to use, sort of stops the flow of lovemaking to have to stop and pump up jr. went back to uro and he started me on injections. i am not a big fan of needles, but what the hell. what price can you place on your love life. after about 1 month of injections, i had to stop. just could not find a combination that would work at consistantley and there was the needle thing. to me it is just not natural to stick a needle in your johnson. so i am using the pump, wife is very understanding and willing to help however she can. have discussed implant with uro and read everything i can find. have decided to have implant sometime this fall. so...find a urologist you can talk to, trust and confidence in. visit the chat room. great place to air your concerns. not so quick and dirty. take care and good luck

rschweiger

Postby rschweiger » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:43 pm

Hey hopelight,
You'll be fine I'm 41,been implanted now for 6mo, I am also single and dateing a nice 31 yr old and she absolutely loves my implant and actually respects the fact that I had the courage to deal w/ED. I was in a relationship when I got the implant which ended shortly after. Love will eventually take care of itself,but once you find your solution to ED you can atleast approach it w/more confidence.I wish you the best on you journey and if you need to talk let me know.
Best wishes,Rich.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”