Just Joined

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
plink6872

Just Joined

Postby plink6872 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi everyone! I am so glad to have found this site! I m a fairly healthy 38yo man with unexplained and random ED. I have had all kinds of tests but nothing has really stood out as a cause. I just wanted to say hi to everyone.

regain-is-the-aim

Re: Just Joined

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Plink:

Welcome! We all come from different paths but share the common issue. Mine comes from PCa- just fine before surgery. This is a wonderful group of guys and the wisdom and humor you will find will brighten and enlighten you.

Ask away and please join the chat room where all things are possible and discussed with vigor. There is progress with treatments and guys here are well versed in those approaches. Some thing work for some and not others and other things work for others and not for some. Rest assured the docs don't fully understand what plagues us. But we move forward when we can and celebrate each other's forward progress.

Enjoy.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Gingertom3

Postby Gingertom3 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:45 am

Another welcome, plink. I hope you will find a lot of help from us.
According to a leaflet I picked up at my local surgery 40 percent of men experience erection problems at some time during their lives. But amazingly only a small percentage of those actually bother to discuss this with their doctors. That is tragic.
After my operation I was one of those who didn't discuss the problem. It was very embarrassing. But I got round to it. Needs must, as they say. You can't hold libido in check indefinitely.
So you are one of the smart ones who recognise your problem and deal with it. Good move!
As you are so young (compared to me - 67 year old) it is important to find a solution.
You say you have undergone various tests. If no physical cause can be found, the problem could be rooted in some anxiety.
I hope you can get to the root of the problem.

Jim

Daveuk36

Postby Daveuk36 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:43 am

Hey mate, welcome, u are similar in age and symptoms to me. Hope you find some support and answers here.
Dave
Dave, 37, married guy, Sleep problems and meds causing ED

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:12 am

Welcome guy. Hope you that this board is a way for you to find help and direction.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

jn1421

Postby jn1421 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:37 am

Plink,
I’m new also, joined a week or so after you. My ED is unexplained also and it came upon me suddenly. Hopefully I will find out more when I see the urologist next month.

Jn1421

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”