Hi!

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
garyindiana

Hi!

Postby garyindiana » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi Guys,
My name is Ian and I live in Leicester in the UK. A friend of mine across the pond introduced me to this site earlier today.
After a radical prostatectomy 4 years ago, I suffered from E.D. for which none of the conventional treatments were effective. I used the pump for 2 years before opting for a penile implant and since then have never looked back. I only wish I had gone for the procedure when it was first offered. I am happy to email members or talk on the phone or in the chat room if any member wishes to hear of my experiences and is looking for encouragement to go ahead with this procedure.
Glad to be a member of this Community.

Ian

uptwoit

Re: Hi!

Postby uptwoit » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:30 pm

Welcome Ian....good to have another positive experience with us.

Bob

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Ian thanks for joining us. I am just short of 2 year Post Op Prostate Cancer. At this time I am using injections but Dr is recomending implant. We are waiting on insurance to see if it will be covered. If not I will have to wait.

It is guys like you that give us hope.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Gingertom3

Postby Gingertom3 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:21 am

Hello Ian of Leicester. I'm Jim near Oxford. That makes three of us in the UK. The other is DaveUK, somewhere in this country. I had a radical prostatectomy in early 2008. Didn't start using the pump and Muse until beginning of July this year.
Neither of them keeps me hard for very long, but as it's early days, I'm still hopeful. And in the meantime my sex life is very good.
But I am curious about the implant. Is that available on the NHS? Or did you have to go private?
And is the operation carried out under general anasthetic or local?

Welcome to the site.

Jim

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi Ian:

Welcome. I'm from Indiana and thought for a minute there was another from this great state. I must ask; why did you choose that name?

This is a great group and you will enjoy your time here. My son is in grad school in England and we all enjoy you wonderful island.

Glad you're implant has gone well. Use it often.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

garyindiana

Postby garyindiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:25 am

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to thank you all for your welcomes to this Group.
I am not sure whether it is me or this site or my Computer but I am having a bit of trouble messaging guys direct. I have responded personally to those guys who have asked me questions in their welcome postings and hope you have received them as I do not seem to be able to retrieve my 'Sent' messages at the moment. If you have received a reply, Jim in Oxford and Dick in Indiana, please let me know. Thanks.

Ian

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”