Conditions and implant (prostate, hernia etc)

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Blippo

Conditions and implant (prostate, hernia etc)

Postby Blippo » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:43 am

I'm wondering what happens if you have existing conditions such as enlarged prostate or inguinal hernia and if an implant would be suitable still?

I have an enlarged prostate but not taking medication.

I also have an inguinal hernia.

Could an implant still be a possibility?

WyoMan

Re: Conditions and implant (prostate, hernia etc)

Postby WyoMan » Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:22 am

I would sure think so. I've had two hernia surgeries (before implant) and two green light prostate surgeries (after). I told the urologist about the hernia surgery and she said good to know but still OK. I had thought the mesh implanted could make placement of reservoir could be difficult.
I'd think before or after wouldn't make a difference.
80; married 57 years; HBP well controlled, overweight. Prostate Arterial Embolization Jan 2017: No indication of cancer. Injections failed. Implanted Nov. 2, 2018. Dr. Karin Dolan, Billings, Mt. AMS LGX 15 cm+2 2.5 cm RTE. 65 ml reservoir.

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:59 am

Blippo...concur with WyoMan...two inguinal hernias (first in 1951 - LT side 6" scalpel scar; second in 2010 - RT side laparoscopically with mesh). Neither affected my implant procedure/ reservoir placement. My biggest issue was the concurrent removal of a sizeable penoscrotal webbing that had never bothered me before. When I gave the 'sure...why not?' approval to my surgeon I never took the next step to ask how it would affect my incision and healing. BAD decision or omission on my part! The subsequent NUMB scar tissue that runs over 4 inches long and 1/2" wide from mid shaft to half-way into my scrotum now leaves a 'no feeling zone' that I will NEVER recover!!! All I'm saying is: Be careful what you wish for or approve. Once gone, it's gone forever!
Edd :evil:
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

Blippo

Postby Blippo » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:25 am

Thanks that's reassuring to know.
Thanks very much to you both, appreciated. It just seemed to me a lot of procedures but what order would you get the surgeries?

Prostate
Hernia
Implant or

Prostate
Implant
Hernia

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”