Giving it all I have

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
workingatit

Giving it all I have

Postby workingatit » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:56 pm

I came across FrankTalk.com when my Urologist recommended Viberect for my use.
(Consideration was given to a VED, but the doc was concerned since I am on Pradaxa. He was afraid of bruising and possible venous damage by use of the VED.)

I was researching the product (Viberect) and saw the reference to FrankTalk.com. That was several months ago, and I have lurked on FrankTalk from time to time since.

Reflexonic (producer of Veberect) is having trouble getting Medicare to provide the codes necessary to pay for the device, so my prescription (along with many others) has just been sitting there for at least four months. This week I called and submitted payment. (Those who have already obtained the device under other than Medicare might consider contacting Reflexonic with an offer to provide written comments for Reflexonic to submit to Medicare, which is really dragging its feet on this.

I don’t recommend contacting Medicate directly at this point. For Reflexonic, there is a toll-free number, but I think that is for prescriptions. I suggest calling Kristi at 717-267-1155 with your offer. (The toll-free number is 800-886-1470. Maybe they will transfer you.)

Okay, I am looking forward to more than lurking. BTW, I will be 75 in less than a month. Probably, and hopefully, Viberect will be quite helpful where meds are now failing! It should be here before the end of the week.

Tom
Workingatit

vedman999

Re: Giving it all I have

Postby vedman999 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:03 am

Welcome Tom,

Let us know how Viberect works out. I mentioned Viberect to my Uro, but he had never heard of it.
diagnosed Aug 2011, T1C, PSA 4.3
Radical Perineal Prostectomy Oct 2011
Path result T2A
Oct 2012, PSA 0.007

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:14 pm

I love my viberect. I am getting a good responce from it. It is for mild cases of ED. I don't think it will work for guys that have lose both nerve bundles.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

workingatit

Postby workingatit » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:42 am

vedman999 wrote:Welcome Tom,

Let us know how Viberect works out. I mentioned Viberect to my Uro, but he had never heard of it.

Because I am on Pradaxa, my uro didn't want me to use a pump--fearing bruising or venous damage. He prescribed the Viberect.
I received it 3 days ago, but it won't take a charge, so it will have to be replaced. I gave it a short try (with it plugged in) and I believe it is going to be very helpful.
Awaiting a truly working unit before really giving it the workout. :(

Puzzled

Postby Puzzled » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:17 pm

For me Viberect is waste of money, it doesn't work at all. My unit arrived a day ago, according to the user's guide "a completely discharged battery will take approximately 6-8 hours to fully charge. The Red charge indicator will extinguish once the charge cycle has completed."

Well, the red light never extinguished no matter how long I charged the device. I guess with a break I charged it for 15 hours, nothing happened. If I press a button everything stays dead. Reflexonic doesn't know how to spell the words quality control. Now I have to send it back to the US, I'm living outside the States. What a waste of time and money. It's crap.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Puzzled, so sorry your having problems charing the viberect. Mine charges up fine and works great for me. My only problem is that is it a bit loud. I wish it were quiet.

Best of luck.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

workingatit

Postby workingatit » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:03 pm

Puzzled wrote:For me Viberect is waste of money, it doesn't work at all. My unit arrived a day ago, according to the user's guide "a completely discharged battery will take approximately 6-8 hours to fully charge. The Red charge indicator will extinguish once the charge cycle has completed."

Well, the red light never extinguished no matter how long I charged the device. I guess with a break I charged it for 15 hours, nothing happened. If I press a button everything stays dead. Reflexonic doesn't know how to spell the words quality control. Now I have to send it back to the US, I'm living outside the States. What a waste of time and money. It's crap.

Sorry, Puzzeled, that you are giving up so easily. I had the same problem--wouldn't charge. I emailed Reflexonic and they sent me another the next business day, along with a return, paid label. Since you are out of the states, I don't know haw that will affect the shipping, but I can assure you I was treated more than fairly.
The replacement has been great, is helping me, and I believe the time will come when I no longer have to use it. However, I suspect I will want to continue because it really facilitates things. It sure beats the headache from ED pills which sometimes don't work any way! The wife appreciates me using it.

One word of info: It took me a while to learn the best vibe-rate and just where/how to apply. Also, as pointed out by corvetteman3, it takes a while to learn how to apply in a manner so as not be noisy.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”