Greetings

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
LTCLarry

Greetings

Postby LTCLarry » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi to all. I'm a 63 year-old prostate cancer survivor. Had a prostatectomy about 2 1/2 years ago -- Da Vinci robotic surgery, which I highly recommend if your surgeon is well experienced with the technique. Some nerves were evidently spared, but pathology report indicated enough cancer cells "at the margin" to cause my doctors to recommend follow-up radiation. Went through that for 37 workdays, with minimal immediate side effects, but prognosis was that it would probably kill whatever nerves survived. Thereafter tried Muse for a while, and eventually injections. The latter seemed to work somewhat at first, but surprisingly less effective over time despite taking about the biggest dose the doctor would recommend as tolerable. Doc concluded that the radiation had probably damaged the nerves/vessels that allowed retention of the erection after the injection. So I took the plunge a couple of months ago and had implant surgery. Scrotum swelling took a bit longer to subside than average, and have been trying to break in the pump for the last few weeks with some progress, that I'll relate in detail on the implant forum. Glad to share any of my experiences with anyone contemplating any of these treatments. Most fortunately, undetectable PSA at last testing. Best of luck to all.

Cajun Jeff

Re: Greetings

Postby Cajun Jeff » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:06 am

Larry, Welcome to FT. I am a PCa guy as well had open surgery 4 years ago but having good sucess with injections. Many say that after 2 years your improvement is over. That has not been the case for me. I am still makeing slow progress. After all that I have read here if the injections stop working I will be in line for an implant. You will be great help to many here. Thanks for joining.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

radiodec

Re: Greetings

Postby radiodec » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:25 pm

Another PCa survivor here. I agree that the injections can go a good long time, but for me they have quit. Therefore, implant scheduled for 11/7/2012.

As Hamlet might have said; "To sex, or not to sex; that is the question:'

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”