Another newbie

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Lost Sheep

Re: Another newbie

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:52 pm

OldMikey wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:
OldMikey wrote:68, Tx. single
I suggest you buy a cheap one, use it just for cycling your penis to erect/flaccid states for therapy.

It had never occurred to me that a regular therapy to encourage blood flow was needed until I read: https://augustams.com/how-to-use-a-peni ... -exercise/. If I can get off the blood thinner I plan to start an exercise routine to get 'back in shape'. Depending on how that goes I will look into constriction rings to maintain an erection.

I will counsel you to not use the constriction rings for penile therapy. The article linked to in this thread explains it well, that getting blood in AND OUT of the penis (flushing oxygenated blood through your tissues) is more important than just getting blood in once for an erection. Getting erect and getting flaccid in successtion gets blood exchange, not just blood inflation.

As I said in my earlier post, a cheap one will apply the same level of vacuum as an expensive medical-grade one (though getting a good seal, operating the pump and applying constriction rings if you want to use it for sex may be easier with the more expensive ones.

If you don't apply too much vacuum, I don't think (in my non-professional medical opinion) that blood thinners would be a barrier to using a vacuum pump. Keep the vacuum level low enough that you don't burst any capillaries and you should be fine. If you do get bruising or edema, lay off for a few days and reduce the peak vacuum you apply.

I think, if I were on blood thinners, I would eschew the use of constriction rings. The snap of applying them from my vacuum pump was painful and (I think) likely to cause bruising. Also, with the constriction rings, my partner became alarmed that my penis turned purple after only a few minutes. Although they sort of worked for sex we found them marginally unsatisfactory.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”