New to Frank Talk

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Forever_Young

New to Frank Talk

Postby Forever_Young » Fri May 27, 2022 5:52 pm

I am 66 years young. I started by having a Bi-Lateral Thyroidectomy 22 years ago. My endocrinologist told me, "if you have one endocrine problem, you will have multiple endocrine problems". About two years after my thyroid surgery I became type II diabetic. For the first years I was controlled it with oral meds. My endocrinologist retired and my primary care physician said he would take care of my diabetic control. What a mistake that was. I was taking large doses of Metformin, and started having kidney stones. I got a new endocrinologist, and started long and short term insulin along with other injectable meds. I have had pretty well controlled diabetes for 20+ years. Let me say I was a real sex machine until about 6 years ago. For about 3 years my ED increases until Sex was a thing of the past. About 2 years ago I discussed the ED with both my Primary care and Endocrinologist. Both indicated that my sex career was over. I started doing research and first learned about Inflatable Penile Implants. I went to my Urologist and told him I wanted and Implant. His comment to me was that was going "Nuclear". He gave me some samples (pills). They did nothing. He suggested we try Trimix injections. I started off with 3.5 ML, and increased .5 ml every time I tried to have sex until the bottle was gone. I got a refill and started at 7.5 ml and increased them to 12.ml still no go and quite uncomfortable. I developed pea sized knots in my penis. My urologist never made any more recommendations. I did more research and found 3 urologist within 40 miles who did the IPP surgeries. One was in the same practice and my existing urologist. Two of the three had terrible reviews. I decided on the third urologist (Dr. Arron Lentz, Duke/Raleigh Urologist) as he had good reviews. I called for an appointment in August, 2021, and got an appointment in December, 2021. After my December appointment I was told that I was a candidate for and IPP. My surgery was scheduled in March, 2022. I had my surgery and had a Coloplast Titan implanted. I was told the surgeon encountered a lot of scar tissue doing the procedure. I went home the day of the procedure. The first 24 hours were extremely painful especially during urination. The second day was pretty bad as well. I was prescribed Oxy for pain. I only took one. Then I was off to the races with Tylenol and Mobic. After day three the pulling down on the pump started. I have three ice packs that I alternated. My drain was removed at the end of day 3. Ten days after the procedure I began taking hot soaking baths. I was bruised from below my navel to just above my rectum. The groin areas of both my upper legs were bruised. The bruising began to go away a little more each day. I had scrotal pain, penile and glandular pain until my three week post surgery visit and suture removal. I began pumping a couple times per day. The pump was very difficult to pump at first. My advice is to cut your finger and thumb nails daily. I had scrotal and penis pain associated with pumping for about 3 more weeks. It was getting better almost daily. Had my 6 week exam with urologist and he instructed me to continue pumping daily, and I was free to have sex again as I could stand it. I have had intercourse twice with successful penetration and ejaculation. It is getting better and less painful by the day. My wife once said who are you going to satisfy with that "thing". I told her "me". I told her, She was in for a surprise.

Martin6469

Re: New to Frank Talk

Postby Martin6469 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:18 pm

Thanks for posting. It's good to hear how implant success is arrived at, for those of us not yet at that stage. Keep the forum posted!

How do you get doctor reviews?
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

Forever_Young

Re: New to Frank Talk

Postby Forever_Young » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:54 pm

Every state has a medical board(licensing/credentialing).Public files. You should find a physician in good standing, preferably "Board certified in his field of practice". The web has a number of browsers with reviews. Ie: Google. Most websites have reviews.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”