HI 24 year old

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
24_year_old

Re: HI 24 year old

Postby 24_year_old » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:24 am

bromeman wrote:Good Day 24 Year Old;
My guess was close to being right. The messages in your head need to be erased and therapy will help you accomplish that and free you from the negative messages you have internalized.You need to feel okay about yourself. Herb Goldberg in his book "The Hazards of Being Male" says at one point that when the penis will not rise to the occasion it is telling you an important message. If therapy is too costly have a look at Harris' book "I'M Okay-You're Okay" it is 1960's stuff but still useful. Harris renamed the Freudian parts of the personality Parent, Adult, and Child. The Parent is that part of our personality that is full of rules and negative messages. The Adult is that part which is reasonable and healthy. The Child is that part which likes to play, enjoy oneself, etc. Harris says that there are 4 messages: 1. I'Not Ok - You're OK; 2. I'm OK-You're Not OK; 3. I'm Not OK-You're Not OK; and 4. I'm OK-You're OK. The Not OK messages keep being stimulated in your head. Your Parent to Child messages are Not OK and need to became Adult to Adult and OK-OK.The process is one of giving oneself permission to change.

Too bad I can not afford it.

antelope

Postby antelope » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:41 am

There are plenty of men on this site and elsewhere who are willing to listen and to provide feedback--in open forum, chat room, or via Private Message. Please avail yourself of this resource. Don't settle for limp.

Manly hugs,

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:26 pm

Great comment Greg! I completely agree with you.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

bromeman

Postby bromeman » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:14 am

Hi 24 Year Old! How are you? What are you doing? How are you feeling about your situation?

24_year_old

Postby 24_year_old » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:43 am

bromeman wrote:Hi 24 Year Old! How are you? What are you doing? How are you feeling about your situation?

24 earlier this month feel like crap about it
It has really killed my motivation, etc.. i don't reall y care about anything anymore.

dagobx

Postby dagobx » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:45 pm

It is truely sad to see someone in this position. I, too, had the same sort of pressure when I was growing up, so I can sympathize.

If you cannot afford professional help, try to find a clinic or gov't.- sponsored clinic somewhere & go there. Here in NC there are several state-run or even local-run psych treatment centers available to those of us that cannot afford regular psych treatment. Look online or in the phone book. Find one of these NOW! You may have to go thru the medical part of it before you can get to the psych part, but it will be worth it. It may take some time to discover & deal with your situation, but it CAN be dealt with. DO IT NOW!!! Force yourself, don't wait until you "feel like it". The sooner you start, the sooner you will work your way out of it. No transportation? Try a bus or some form of public transportation. Get a friend to take you. Do what ever you must, but GO!!!

Another source is the VA. If your Dad was in the service, you may be eligible for care from the VA, depending on your age & whether you are a dependent or not. It would be worth a phone call. Also, if there is a medical school nearby, that can be a source of cheap/no-cost treatment for you - if you don't mind being examined by medical students under the supervision of an MD.

Look around for options. All is not lost. Keep trying. DO NOT GIVE UP!! Help is out there, but it is up to you to go and find it.

Best of luck from me & all the other folks here on this forum....

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”