commiseration

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
tobenormalagain

commiseration

Postby tobenormalagain » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:43 pm

Hello all. I am a very healthy 55yo man who has suffered with ED since probably my late 20s/early 30s. Sadly, I have a very high sex drive and though still able (inconsistently) to achieve an erection, its duration is usually very short and penetration is out of the question. All the known treatments have been very disappointing and my sexual performance (or lack of) has caused untold stress, anxiety, worry, self esteem loss, and a great deal of relationship/marital problems. I have been in denial for far too long and sooooooo want to have normal, fulfilling sexual life again. I have an appointment in several months with a highly regarded implant surgeon and though I am scared as hell at having my $*ck sliced open, I am beyond desperate (I'm doing this for me). For those of you who have gone this route, please tell me I'm doing the right thing and that you have no regrets. Thanks friends

Txagq8

Re: commiseration

Postby Txagq8 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:00 pm

tobenormalagain wrote:Hello all. I am a very healthy 55yo man who has suffered with ED since probably my late 20s/early 30s. Sadly, I have a very high sex drive and though still able (inconsistently) to achieve an erection, its duration is usually very short and penetration is out of the question. All the known treatments have been very disappointing and my sexual performance (or lack of) have caused untold stress, anxiety, worry, self esteem loss, and a great deal of relationship/marital problems. I have been in denial for far too long and sooooooo want to have normal, fulfilling sexual life again. I have an appointment in several months with a highly regarded implant surgeon and though I am scared as hell at having my $*ck sliced open, I am beyond desperate (I'm doing this for me). Please tell me I'm doing the right thing and that you have no regrets. Thanks friends

After you’ve exhausted the other options, which apparently you have, I think you’ll find going bionic fairly simple, easy, and rewarding.

If you were worrying about getting your pecker sliced open, don’t. That’s not what happens. Depending on surgeon you’ll get either a little incision on the scrotum or a little incision on top of dick, about where the pubic bone is. All the work is done from there. No chopping on the penis.

You’ll have some swelling. And bruising. And shrinkage at first. And soreness. Pain varies between none/almost none to where are my damned pain pills?!!! It seldom lasts and even the guys on here who had to deal with pain seem to think it was all worthwhile.

Do your due diligence. Read a lot of stuff by frequent poster Lost Sheep. Read old stuff, and don’t be afraid to post questions you have if you can’t find answers. The more you know beforehand, the easier the transition and recovery will be.

The night before surgery and the drive to hospital or surgical center can be tough. If you know what’s going to happen, what the recovery will be like, and how great it is to shed the label of “impotent” it all becomes a cakewalk.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

tobenormalagain

Postby tobenormalagain » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:40 pm

Thanks Robert. I really appreciate your response and it is comforting to know that someone else has walked this same path. I do have a specific question regarding returning to work. I have limited vacation time accrued at work and though I could get two weeks off, any more time off than that would be pushing it. Is it possible to return to a mostly sedentary job two weeks post operatively? Also do you have any regrets? My thoughts are though implantation seems (and is) a drastic measure, having a non-functioning penis and nonexistant sex life is not much of a life anyway.

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:13 pm

Many of us have experienced what you are going through. I am about 9 months out and could not be happier. The implant, and a dependable, lasting, hard dick has changed my life, and will yours too. I could have definitely gone back to work 2 weeks after surgery, as long as it was a desk job. I had run the course from pills to to VED to injections, which like you, were unsatisfactory and the implant was my only option. Should have done it years earlier.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:47 pm

tobenormalagain wrote:Thanks Robert. I really appreciate your response and it is comforting to know that someone else has walked this same path. I do have a specific question regarding returning to work. I have limited vacation time accrued at work and though I could get two weeks off, any more time off than that would be pushing it. Is it possible to return to a mostly sedentary job two weeks post operatively? Also do you have any regrets? My thoughts are though implantation seems (and is) a drastic measure, having a non-functioning penis and nonexistant sex life is not much of a life anyway.

You should be able to return to full time work in two weeks, if not sooner. This assumes you do not work as a high hurdler, of course.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”