Hello from DC

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
TB0711

Hello from DC

Postby TB0711 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:07 pm

Hey, I live in DC and just turned 30. Never thought I’d be on a forum like this but here I am. I had bad priapism about three years ago that lasted a couple of days. I have had to failed blood release treatment when it first happened and now it appears my penis is server damaged and still kinda swollen in the middle. I talked to urologists like Dr. Mendez and a few from the area that's suggested penile implants after multiple visits and unsuccessful “remedies”.

Unfortunately my insurance through my job, Cigna, simply does not cover them. I plan on switching my insurance and now is the open enrollment period, but I'm lost. I've lost a lot because of my ED and ready to move passed this stage. I've heard of great urologist like Dr.Kramer, but he seemed to left the area. I’m making about 18hr, but that’s too much for Medicaid and to little for decent insurance that’s not covered through my job. Any suggestions?
30yr, Implanted 04/05/22 w/ Titan by Dr.Taj. ED caused by week-long priapism in 2019.

Martin6469

Re: Hello from DC

Postby Martin6469 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:37 pm

If you care to give more physiological details, such as how many urologists you've seen, and what remedies they've come up with, you'll get comments from the forum. I don't have an implant, but a lot of FT guys do, and someone might have an affordability idea.
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

TB0711

Re: Hello from DC

Postby TB0711 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:04 pm

Martin6469 wrote:If you care to give more physiological details, such as how many urologists you've seen, and what remedies they've come up with, you'll get comments from the forum. I don't have an implant, but a lot of FT guys do, and someone might have an affordability idea.

I've seen about four urologists, three at HU hospital, one at Chesapeake Urology. I've been given an injection in my penis but my penis would only get partially hard and not really fully as I couldn't get it as hard on demand. I've taken pills but just make my penis warm and my pockets empty. I've been told I have really bad scar tissue after the operation (to release the priapism). I also tried to use a penis pump for a month with no real progress. My penis is wider flaccid than it was before the OP, but the head of my penis does not get hard. If yall want picks. I can show post some.
30yr, Implanted 04/05/22 w/ Titan by Dr.Taj. ED caused by week-long priapism in 2019.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”