Zoladex

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
glencar

Zoladex

Postby glencar » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:07 am

Hi guys, I’m 63 years of age and suffer from prostate cancer. I was diagnosed in 2008 with a PSA of 100 and after radiotherapy and Casodex this came down to below 1. I ceased Casodex in April 2009. Right from the start my PSA started to rise albeit slowly but by my last test in July 2012 showed a reading of 6 and I am heading for a course of hormone therapy. My urologist and oncologist are recommending Zoladex.

I managed throughout the radiotherapy and Casodex to (just about) maintain a sexual relationship with my fantastic wife who has been really supportive the whole way through all of this. I still suffer intermittent ED and a reduced libido but despite these handicaps we are still doing ok. From what I read about Zoladex I am heading for a complete loss of sexual desire and function and I’m scared about what this will mean for my relationship with my wife. I’m really screwed up about this and all of the other horrible side effects I’ve read about and I’m dreading what’s to come.

Sorry that this is such a negative introduction. I’ve spent days on the internet coming across one depressing story after another.

Glencar

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: Zoladex

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:26 pm

glencar,
Welcome ... you are not alone as many of us have had the same thoughts about ED and how it will affect your relationship. Stay positive as it sounds like your wife is in it for the long-haul. Has your URO suggested VED to maintain penis health?

If not you should start on your own ... while VED is unlikely to cure your ED, the main thing is to maintain your erections. Read thru the various Topics in the Pump section and talk to your URO about injections. Yeah I know ... "I'm not sticking a needle there" ... but it is effective.

Keep us posted on your progress ... and sit down with your wife and view: (30 min)

"Penile Rehabilitation After Cancer Treatment -- Sloan-Kettering"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie8NkOu2VNA
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”