New To Site

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
rsmith4259

New To Site

Postby rsmith4259 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:08 am

56 yrs old, DaVinci Prostectomy in 12/10. I have tried the pump, medications and shots.....did not work. I am now looking at a AMS 700 LGX PENILE PROSTHESIS. I will most likely have the surgery the week of Sept 3, 2012.

I am a gay male, in good health....I do take blood pressure meds and med to slow my heart rate down; however, I do have a healthy heart. I live in Nashville, TN. USA. I workout almost every day with weights and cardio.

I was never a sexual animal by any means, but the lack of being able to get an erection....has very much weighed on my mind. I date a guy from NYC, we see each other about every 6 wks. He is 37 and is aware of the situation.

When I had the DaVinci, I had very little pain and recovered quickly. (My brother died 10 days later and was able to attend services and it was 3 hrs away)

I will most likely go to my sister's which is 3 hrs away to recoup. She retired from being a Nursing Administrator.

My concerns are with me being 3 hrs away from my doctor are: infection, pain. I do not want to go to my sister's with a catheter and I will most likely be by myself once I come home. She will come and pick me up about 2 days later. I will be in the hospital overnight.

Any advice would be appreciated. You can either post here or email me at RSmith4259@AOL.COM

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: New To Site

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:00 pm

rsmith4259,
Welcome ... your story is the same as many of us here ...

As for your concerns ... the infection is very rare and you should be given a prescription for antibiotics. Same with the pain ... prescription. Most likely the catheter will be removed the next day ... prior to your discharge. How are you getting home? You'll need someone to drive you ...

Ice packs for the first few days and take your meds ... once the swelling goes down you'll feel much better (ibprofin helps)

Good luck with the surgery ... and keep us posted on your progress.
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”