New here

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
grumpynfun

New here

Postby grumpynfun » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:00 pm

Located site doing research on prostate being removed side effects. I'm wondering if some things I'm getting are from the removal. Mine removed April 2012. Thanks have a good day.

JimStars

Re: New here

Postby JimStars » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Grumpy,

Welcome to the clubhouse -- where all the clubs are chemically or mechanically induced...

On what happens after removal of your prostate -- well, your Uro should have mentioned a few of the more serious points ... leaking or ED -- some do ... some don't.

You are only 3-4 months out so even if you have nothing to show, you can certainly start doing some penile rehab to get things jumpstarted again. Pills, pumps, pellets and shots ... I've done them all (with only pumps, pellets(MUSE) and shots(TRIMIX or PGE-1) doing any good).

Ask away if you don't find what you need ...

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

limpnoodle

Postby limpnoodle » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:41 pm

Grumpy, Work at it my friend. It is one of those "use it or lose it" things. What ever it takes to get some action down there go for it. Really important to get blood into CCP (erectile chambers) on a regular basis because if you don't they will get smaller and scar tissue will form and you are left with a little stick. Most Drs don't really go into a good rehab program with you. Mine didn't bother to tell me that for pills to do anything you needed physcial stimulation not just thoughts or visual. How was I to know I'd never had a problem before.Try different things and find what works for you. I have improved 5 years after surgery but got discouraged after a year or so and didn't keep working at rehab therefore I have lost some size.
Good Luck, Limp

bluis6214

Postby bluis6214 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:46 pm

Welcome to FT Grumpy,
It's true use it some way or lose a lot of it. I suffered a penile fracture 10 years ago, and my uro back then never mentioned penile rehab. If he had, according to my present uro, I probably would not have lost the 2+ inches of length. When I decided on getting my implant he had me use a vacuum device twice a day for 10 minutes for 8 weeks up to two days before my surgery. Before my fracture I was 4" flaccid, 8" erect. After ten years I was down to about 3" flaccid and the doc could stretch to about 5". When I started pumping I could get it to 5" without pain. The doc told me to pump until it just started to feel uncomfortable. I kept up the rehab religiously until two days before surgery. By then I was able get it to 7.25" in the VED. The day of surgey my doc was able to stretch to 6.5". He told me my results would be between 5 and 6". When I asked him why such a difference from my VED length. He explained that in the VED the glans becomes engorged, but with the implant it would not. I am grateful for his honesty so that I truly knew what to expect. So far I measures 5.5 x 5.5 girth which is also much smaller than before. If I had been using a VED all along, the scarring or plaque that prevents my penis from stretching to what it used to would not have been so bad. So my recommendation is invest in a good vacuum device and use it every day. Ask around and find a uro who believes in penile rehab.
GOOD LUCK.
55 years old. ED since 2002 total venous leakage after penile fracture. Tried all the pills and injections all failed to help. Some success with VED, but felt too unnatural to both of us, seldom used. Implanted 06/21/12. Trying to wear IT out.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”