ADVICE ON REPLACING AMS LGX WITH SEMI RIGID

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Philip2018

ADVICE ON REPLACING AMS LGX WITH SEMI RIGID

Postby Philip2018 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:29 pm

My 3 piece inflatable pump (AMS LGX 700) is too hard for me to pump. I am leery of just replacing the pump because I see many repeat failures on the Forum.

I am concerned about comfort, concealment and and usefulness of the available replacement.

Also choosing between the Coloplast Genisis the BSC/AMS Tactra, the Rigicom.

I would appreciate hearing about anyone's experience.

jcooley

Re: ADVICE ON REPLACING AMS LGX WITH SEMI RIGID

Postby jcooley » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:04 pm

been there.. (kind of) ;)

I switched from Tactra to Rigicon and very happy with my decision. I think there should be a couple of other FTers who had Malleable or Rigicon... I didn't hear a bad experience with Rigicon on FT.

Tactra was very hard to bend. I was able to compare Coloplast and Rigicon samples as well.

Happy to answer questions if you have.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:16 pm

Philip2018 wrote:My 3 piece inflatable pump (AMS LGX 700) is too hard for me to pump. I am leery of just replacing the pump because I see many repeat failures on the Forum.

I am concerned about comfort, concealment and and usefulness of the available replacement.

Also choosing between the Coloplast Genisis the BSC/AMS Tactra, the Rigicom.

I would appreciate hearing about anyone's experience.

How long have you had your AMS?

It would be useful if you put some vital statistics like that in your signatuure. Help us help you. The more we know about your particular situation, the better we can understand and answer your questions.

It took me a while to get facile with my AMS pump. I used two hands (one held the pump body with thumb and forefinger reaching over the base of my penis) and the other hand squeezing the pump bulb between forefinger and the base of my thumb. I found I could apply more pressure that way than any other - at least at first. As I became more accustomed to the pump, I am not able to pump up quite well with one hand. But I find that I still am able to apply more pressure between forefinger and thumb base than any other grip.

Depending on your particular pump position and your hand's strengths (and weaknesses), you should be able to pump up, once you figure out the most effective way.

Going to surgery to replace a functional pump just because your pumping ability is marginal seems premature. Best to exhaust ALL other options before going under the knife again. My opinion. (edited to add: Replacing a pump is a lot easier on the patient and on the surgeon than an original implant.)

Good luck.

Call the AMS Patient Liaison. They are there to help patients through these questions and are already paid for. Quite often they have better answers than the surgeon. After all, the surgeon is expert in installing the implant. The Patient Liaison is practiced in working with the implantees and making them satisfied with the produce/device.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Tue May 25, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

subhash

Postby subhash » Fri May 14, 2021 1:48 pm

jcooley wrote:been there.. (kind of) ;)

I switched from Tactra to Rigicon and very happy with my decision. I think there should be a couple of other FTers who had Malleable or Rigicon... I didn't hear a bad experience with Rigicon on FT.

Tactra was very hard to bend. I was able to compare Coloplast and Rigicon samples as well.

Happy to answer questions if you have.

Hi ..was planning to get a Tactra --i m in India--rigicon nt an option here --it doesnt bend at all?? and is it visible from under a formal trouser? i am worried now .My original choice was AMS 700 LGX--BUT worried abt inflating /deflating
Implanted AMS 700 LGX 15 + 4 RTE penoscrotal incision, 65 cc reservoir ;

jcooley

Postby jcooley » Fri May 14, 2021 9:06 pm

I guess Rigicon is available in India.

Check out this https://drvijayantgovinda.com/rigicon-i ... 10-rigi10/

shrunken_dick

Postby shrunken_dick » Sat May 15, 2021 6:05 am

jcooley wrote:I guess Rigicon is available in India.

This Doctor is a fraud. Don't advise anyone to see him.
I ( 29 M) took Spironolactone 400 mg to treat my hair loss. As a result, the penis shrunk from 6” to 4”. with Severe erectile dysfunction. Looking into the penile implant with Sliding Technique.

jcooley

Postby jcooley » Sat May 15, 2021 9:37 pm

What do you mean??
shrunken_dick wrote:
jcooley wrote:I guess Rigicon is available in India.

This Doctor is a fraud. Don't advise anyone to see him.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”