This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
limpbiscuit

Postby limpbiscuit » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:49 am

Let me introduce myself. limpbiscuit here. 72 years old. Human services professional and still working. Married 50 years. Prostate cancer 2015, brachytherapy 2017.Later that year developed a swelling and discoloration in the ankles that the docs diagnosed as thrombosis. Was on injectable meds 2x/day and warfarin for that for some time.

For a long time I've had erections that were weak or unstable. The wood disappeared at bad times, and at other times I simply couldn't couldn't get it on. As a generally horny guy and a sexual adventurer, this was very frustrating.

One night in 2017, developed a pain in the left shoulder. I'd just been working out, so figured I'd injured it. The pain didn't get better, and to make a long story short, a few minutes later I was headed for the hospital in a chopper. Shortly after that I was on the slab at cardiac cath lab getting half the bush shaved, and having a stent installed.

And I've recovered from the heart attack. And I'm on a number of cardiac meds that certainly make the limp boner any stronger. And I'm back in good health. With the cardiac problem resolved, aside from some heart damage, I'm in good shape. I do miss the lack of exercise that Covid 19 has imposed on us all.

So in the urological arena there are two major complaints- the generally unpredictable wood. Another is having to piss like a Labrador marking his territory.

Last week I met with a new urologist. It seems that most of the ones in our area are older, and with the onset of Covid 19 they decided to retire. I had a good meeting with him- easy to talk to and I was generally comfortable with the setting.

We decided to start a prescription of tri-mix injections, and avodart. The trimix is at the compounder. Will pick it up just before the next appointment later this month. And off we will go to see about how I respond... maybe a stiffie firm enough to pole vault.

Will read others posts to get caught up on the wisdom present here. And will keep you all posted.

A couple of thing's I will add before posting. I recommend this video, which I haven't seen mentioned here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fde1ltS8SJk. It is a presentation by a Canadian urologist named Gerald Brock. He says that erectile dysfunction can be an early indicator of cardiac problems. So, when you are seeking help for the symptom of ED, remember to not overlook possible underlying causes.
prostate cancer diagnosed 2015, brachytherapy 2017 to good result, heart attack 2018, recovered, taking a butt-load of cardiac meds. married 50 years, father and grandfather,

vajim1

Re: New member

Postby vajim1 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:09 am

Welcome limpbiscuit, you are not alone with your issues here. I hope the injections work out great for you. Keep us posted. Jim
76 year old fart. Prostate removed Oct. 9, 2017,Psa 30 days after .15 next Psa .2. 37 Radiation treatments for recurrent cancer, 1 year out Psa .033 ZERO ERECTIONS, implanted Sept 5 2019 Dr. Lentz Duke Raleigh N.C. Titan 22cm.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”