Hello same implant different account

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Anthony696969

Hello same implant different account

Postby Anthony696969 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:42 pm

I am having a lot of discomfort with my implant. The tubes feeding into the penis are to one side and pretty much a hard ganglia of hard plastic feeling tubes just under the surface of my skin between the scrotum and penis shaft. The other issue is the pump has settled in the middle of the two testicles and when I sit ,cross my legs walk up stairs and breathe it manages to pinch or put a great deal of pressure on my right testicle. So much so I am having a testicle removed just to make room for the pump.

On other notes, my wife doesn't seem to like it. It has changed the curve in my penis and my penile head seems to not swell like it used to. The other issue if that wasn't enough is the partial inflation I get constantly. My Dr's answer was just go into the bathroom and deflate it. But it has created some awkward situations with the grand kids.

Anthony

Lost Sheep

Re: Hello same implant different account

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:38 pm

Anthony696969 wrote:I am having a lot of discomfort with my implant. The tubes feeding into the penis are to one side and pretty much a hard ganglia of hard plastic feeling tubes just under the surface of my skin between the scrotum and penis shaft. The other issue is the pump has settled in the middle of the two testicles and when I sit ,cross my legs walk up stairs and breathe it manages to pinch or put a great deal of pressure on my right testicle. So much so I am having a testicle removed just to make room for the pump.

On other notes, my wife doesn't seem to like it. It has changed the curve in my penis and my penile head seems to not swell like it used to. The other issue if that wasn't enough is the partial inflation I get constantly. My Dr's answer was just go into the bathroom and deflate it. But it has created some awkward situations with the grand kids.

Anthony

Welcome to the forum Anthony696969.

Sorry to hear of the less-than-optimal (actually fairly dismal - for a working implant - it could be worse) outcome.

Have you gotten a second opinion? Removing a testicle when a repositioning might solve the problem seems pretty drastic. Repositioning the tubing should be done at the same time and might solve the curve as well. But you need a talented surgeon who knows what he is doing. One might be tempted to jump to the conclusion that the surgeon who put this one in could have done better.

What kind of implant do you have, How long ago implanted, size and number of RTEs (rear tip extenders) etc? The more we know about you the better targeted our answers will be. Most members put such details in their member signature which can be accessed and edited by clicking on your user name and following the menus.

I hope we can help without you going to extremes.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

544kenmatt

Postby 544kenmatt » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:47 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
Anthony696969 wrote:I am having a lot of discomfort with my implant. The tubes feeding into the penis are to one side and pretty much a hard ganglia of hard plastic feeling tubes just under the surface of my skin between the scrotum and penis shaft. The other issue is the pump has settled in the middle of the two testicles and when I sit ,cross my legs walk up stairs and breathe it manages to pinch or put a great deal of pressure on my right testicle. So much so I am having a testicle removed just to make room for the pump.

Anthony

Welcome to the forum Anthony696969.

Sorry to hear of the less-than-optimal (actually fairly dismal - for a working implant - it could be worse) outcome.

Have you gotten a second opinion? Removing a testicle when a repositioning might solve the problem seems pretty drastic. Repositioning the tubing should be done at the same time and might solve the curve as well. But you need a talented surgeon who knows what he is doing. One might be tempted to jump to the conclusion that the surgeon who put this one in could have done better.

What kind of implant do you have, How long ago implanted, size and number of RTEs (rear tip extenders) etc? The more we know about you the better targeted our answers will be. Most members put such details in their member signature which can be accessed and edited by clicking on your user name and following the menus.

I hope we can help without you going to extremes.

I agree. Removing a healthy testicle to make room sounds like malpractice to me. Perhaps you should consult another surgeon for a second opinion.
AMS 700 LGX 10/31/2019. age 63

Anthony696969

Postby Anthony696969 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:19 pm

No the testicle removal is my idea. My baby makin days are over. 5 girls. That particular teste has hurt since one of my grandkids racked me with a toe kick while she was sitting in the grocery cart.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”