Implant in two weeks

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
FixTDix

Implant in two weeks

Postby FixTDix » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:24 am

Hello guys, just recently joined this forum. I am scheduled for an implant with Dr Faysal Yafi at UCI on Aug. 11th. I have dealt with Peyronie’s for 3 years. After one year I tried Xiaflex, and after the first shot of the second round I developed huge hematomas which sent me to the ER, and the next day I fractured during a nocturnal erection. 6 months later I got in contact with Dr Yafi who did an ultrasound and found massive calcification. We opted for excision and grafting. This straightened me out, but now over a year later I have a bulge where the graft is, and have lost rigidity beyond the graft. I have tried pills, Intraurethral gel and injections, but nothing works. Hence the implant. Going with the Titan. Wish me luck guys!
46 years old, 3 years diagnosed with peyronie’s, Xiaflex caused fracture (old uro), excision/grafting with Dr Faysal Yafi UCI 3/26/19, Implanted 8/11/20 Dr Yafi Coloplast Titan Zero degree 20cm + 1cm RTE

Lost Sheep

Re: Implant in two weeks

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:08 pm

Welcome to the forum. Good luck. Praying for you, and for your surgeon.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

jojolee

Postby jojolee » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:20 pm

I am scheduled in the NY area in three weeks for the AMS 700. A bit nervous. Had kidney stone surgery twice 15 years ago and was never the same. Was part of the peyronie drug trials a few years ago, and after 12 years, trimex stopped working. I keep reading different ideas about how much post op pain to expect, as well as how effective the outcome will be.

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:23 pm

FixTDix wrote:Hello guys, just recently joined this forum. I am scheduled for an implant with Dr Faysal Yafi at UCI on Aug. 11th. I have dealt with Peyronie’s for 3 years. After one year I tried Xiaflex, and after the first shot of the second round I developed huge hematomas which sent me to the ER, and the next day I fractured during a nocturnal erection. 6 months later I got in contact with Dr Yafi who did an ultrasound and found massive calcification. We opted for excision and grafting. This straightened me out, but now over a year later I have a bulge where the graft is, and have lost rigidity beyond the graft. I have tried pills, Intraurethral gel and injections, but nothing works. Hence the implant. Going with the Titan. Wish me luck guys!

Great! Best of luck, keep us posted and send pictures.
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:47 pm

jojolee wrote:I am scheduled in the NY area in three weeks for the AMS 700. A bit nervous. Had kidney stone surgery twice 15 years ago and was never the same. Was part of the peyronie drug trials a few years ago, and after 12 years, trimex stopped working. I keep reading different ideas about how much post op pain to expect, as well as how effective the outcome will be.

Welcome to the forum, jojolee.

Knowledge dispels fear.

Pain is partly physical, partly mental and partly emotional So, two-thirds of the distress of physical pain is able to be controlled by your mental attitude. The other one-third responds to drugs. It is well-established that if a person is concentrating and totally focused on something, a painful stimulus can often go undetected as long as the "something" is the subject of one's attention. Unfortunately, it is hard to maintain that level of concentration if the pain is intense, but the principle applies throughout the spectrum of concentration intensity and pain intensity. Example: If you are playing an intense game of pinball, you forget how much your shoes pinch your toes.

The pain of implant surgery is temporary - a few days or couple of weeks. The erections can last for hours at a time for YEARS! So worth it.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

FixTDix

Postby FixTDix » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:07 am

About 36 hours away now. Had some bacteria in my urine test, but I’ve been on Cipro for over a week and things are all clear. I think I messed it up by not doing a mid stream collection. Also my Covid test came back negative as well. Prob won’t be getting much sleep the next two nights
46 years old, 3 years diagnosed with peyronie’s, Xiaflex caused fracture (old uro), excision/grafting with Dr Faysal Yafi UCI 3/26/19, Implanted 8/11/20 Dr Yafi Coloplast Titan Zero degree 20cm + 1cm RTE

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”