~ Lupron ~

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
19CSG48

~ Lupron ~

Postby 19CSG48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:16 pm

Lets go past the get sex and erection back and go into further pieces of cancer experience.

Let’s talk Lupron, who’s on it, had it, has had radiation with or without it?

I’m 5 months post bladder and prostate cancer and two weeks into an eight week radiation plan to cover the lymph system because I was a Gleason 9 and into an initial advanced cancer prostate scenario.

Prognosis is very good, the docs are stellar… but who has been in or knows someone in this similar situation?

Whodat

Re: ~ Lupron ~

Postby Whodat » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:31 pm

19CSG48..Two and one half years ago was diagnosed as a Gleason 7. Had a three month Lupron shot about two months before 28 radiation treatments. Then after the first three months had another three months shot of Lupron. That crap stood in my system for about 9 months. Had loss of libido, was feeling very sluggish, and very irritable but no hot flashes. During that 9 months time didn't have very much sexual activity nor did I do any penis exercises.
As a consequence my penis shrunk about one inch and never returned to normal.. Gradually my testosterone and libido came back to normal levels. I already had substantial ED before radiation and Lupron.
But after that experience and aging now my ED is worsening. Fortunately the PGE_1 injections has kept me in business. My PSA is now.02.
Age 80 good health. Radiation prostate 28 hits 4 years ago with 6 months of horrible ADT. Good recovery and ED worse.
Can't tolerate oral drugs but 5 years of Alprostadil 40mcg/ml 25 units is a miracle for 3 hours. GF is happy!!

Greg1956

Re: ~ Lupron ~

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:21 pm

I first had Prostate Cancer in 2014 and a recurrence in 2018. I had a Prostatectomy the first time and they figure there was an undetected spot of Cancer in the peripheral tissues that grew. As a result I had nine weeks of radiation treatments and three Lupron injections.

The side effects I experienced were:
. No libido
. Shrunken testicles
. Loss of body hair
. Reduced energy
. No pre-cum (with Prostate gone I no longer ejaculate, but still had pre-cum)

My treatments ended 16 months ago. It took about three month to regain energy and libido. Body hair started coming back after about 6 months. My testicles are nowhere near the size they used to be, but after about a year went from being like very small grapes that were mushy, to firmer walnuts. I suspect I will never again have the plum sized balls I previously had. It has only been in the past couple weeks I have started getting some pre-cum again.

Being Cancerfree is wonderful. Getting back these things that went away for awhile is a happy bonus.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”