47 yo in South Florida seeking help

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Txagq8

Re: 47 yo in South Florida seeking help

Postby Txagq8 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:56 pm

notaes wrote:Canesfan4life

Hey buddy!
Do you want to spend the time and money for all the tests needed to tell you exactly what’s causing your problems? I’m sure it’s probably a decision you and your doctor will have to make whether to skip tests and move right to the fix. I wish you the absolute best! Godspeed!

Don’t dismiss the value of tests beforehand. A lot depends on the insurance carrier.

Mine would NOT pay for an implant if the ED was psychogenic in origin, but WOULD pay if the ED was organic.

So yeah, they had to dredge up 20 year old Doppler and pressure studies to submit to prove VL before they agreed to pay. Fortunately I was in the Army when I had that study done in 2000, and I had kept a copy of my medical records. God only knows where the first study (done in 1989) went. The end result was my insurance paid for entire thing before the clinic issued a statement. Less than two weeks. First time THAT ever happened!

Main thing to keep in mind is....if an implant is needed, find out beforehand what insurance carrier demands in order to pay for it.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

canesfan4life

Postby canesfan4life » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:45 am

Txagq8 wrote:
notaes wrote:Canesfan4life

Hey buddy!
Do you want to spend the time and money for all the tests needed to tell you exactly what’s causing your problems? I’m sure it’s probably a decision you and your doctor will have to make whether to skip tests and move right to the fix. I wish you the absolute best! Godspeed!

Don’t dismiss the value of tests beforehand. A lot depends on the insurance carrier.

Mine would NOT pay for an implant if the ED was psychogenic in origin, but WOULD pay if the ED was organic.

So yeah, they had to dredge up 20 year old Doppler and pressure studies to submit to prove VL before they agreed to pay. Fortunately I was in the Army when I had that study done in 2000, and I had kept a copy of my medical records. God only knows where the first study (done in 1989) went. The end result was my insurance paid for entire thing before the clinic issued a statement. Less than two weeks. First time THAT ever happened!

Main thing to keep in mind is....if an implant is needed, find out beforehand what insurance carrier demands in order to pay for it.

One upside of technology is the storage and ease of use to retrieve records :) I really want to explore my options before an implant. I know thats a huge and pretty permanent step. I feel at 47 there should be other options. On top of that i dont want to shell out the ~25k for the procedure. I go for an ultrasound on my legs tomorrow to check blood flow and and will report back the results.

Thanks for the reply.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:58 pm

bldoink wrote:I don't care much about style either. However, with my older eyes, huge blocks of text without breaks are hard to read, so much so that most times I won't read them. ...(edited for focus)... Yeah, I'm lazy!

There have been a few posts (longish and without paragraphing) that I have felt inspired to do this:

I select/copy the text and paste into a word processor in my computer. Then read one sentence at a time until the major point changes and I insert a couple carriage returns. Essentially, paragraphing the post myself.

Surprisingly, it is a lot easier to do that than reading an uninterrupted block of text.

"If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness is most certainly the father."
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

canesfan4life

Postby canesfan4life » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:51 pm

Hey all,

Went for my arterial bilateral ultrasound today and the tech said everything was normal. Checked my bp ratio in my legs vs my arms and it was normal. So back to the PCP for the next step. I'm just at a loss of why I can't get more than a soft erection whether thru solo play or with a partner.... :(

On a side note. That men's wellness center I went to stated that I had moderate to severe blockage on his doppler test to scare me into buying into their BS program, I'm hoping he documented that because I'm debating suing their ass.

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:45 pm

canesfan4life wrote:Hey all,

Went for my arterial bilateral ultrasound today and the tech said everything was normal. Checked my bp ratio in my legs vs my arms and it was normal. So back to the PCP for the next step. I'm just at a loss of why I can't get more than a soft erection whether thru solo play or with a partner.... :(

On a side note. That men's wellness center I went to stated that I had moderate to severe blockage on his doppler test to scare me into buying into their BS program, I'm hoping he documented that because I'm debating suing their ass.

I may have missed this in the thread but...have you seen a bona fide urologist? If you have not, then I can't recommend strongly enough that you go that route.

I don't pretend to know what you're up against physiologically, but I'll venture a guess here that your primary care physician is also at about the end of their reasonable range of capabilities based on what you've described thus far. You have access in South FLA to all sorts of options. Please consider scheduling with a urologist who has broad, demonstrated capabilities treating a wide range of penile health/ED issues. Do your research online. Maybe focus on one of the large university / teaching medical centers. You want someone who has literally seen it all.

This is your dick. Prioritize it, get out of the neighborhood docs in strip malls, and get yourself asap in front of a seriously trained and experienced uro.
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

canesfan4life

Postby canesfan4life » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:26 pm

stephen54 wrote:

I may have missed this in the thread but...have you seen a bona fide urologist? If you have not, then I can't recommend strongly enough that you go that route.

I don't pretend to know what you're up against physiologically, but I'll venture a guess here that your primary care physician is also at about the end of their reasonable range of capabilities based on what you've described thus far. You have access in South FLA to all sorts of options. Please consider scheduling with a urologist who has broad, demonstrated capabilities treating a wide range of penile health/ED issues. Do your research online. Maybe focus on one of the large university / teaching medical centers. You want someone who has literally seen it all.

This is your dick. Prioritize it, get out of the neighborhood docs in strip malls, and get yourself asap in front of a seriously trained and experienced uro.

Thank you for the response. I did quote in the beginning of my story that I went to a Urologist and basically spent 5 mins with me. I explained my issue and he wanted to give me a prostate exam and check my PSA which I had just done with my annual physical. He essentially said he could prescribe me oral meds, if that didn't work then injections, and if that didn't work an implant. Bing Bang Boom in and out. I was really frustrated which is why I went to a men's wellness center and got screwed over. I was just hoping i could get to the root of my problem without surgery.

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:07 pm

canesfan4life wrote:
stephen54 wrote:

Thank you for the response. I did quote in the beginning of my story that I went to a Urologist and basically spent 5 mins with me. I explained my issue and he wanted to give me a prostate exam and check my PSA which I had just done with my annual physical. He essentially said he could prescribe me oral meds, if that didn't work then injections, and if that didn't work an implant. Bing Bang Boom in and out. I was really frustrated which is why I went to a men's wellness center and got screwed over. I was just hoping i could get to the root of my problem without surgery.

Gotcha, sorry, I just missed that part.

My 2 cents...just seek out a different, and very highly qualified urologist. I think you just had the wrong guy before. I'm sorry you had that experience. But based on all you are explaining here, I think you really need to source a new uro and dig in with someone who has seen everything there is to see...and...who has a demeanor that is patient and agreeable to you, you know? They're out there.

I've worked with physicians all my life and there are ones who are inarguably smart and talented as hell, but they're just distracted, kind of callous a-holes who are not particularly curious and who think in too linear a fashion. I'm assertive with my healthcare. I set the tone politely but early in the encounter....I talk about my questions, my goals...and if I'm not getting the vibe back the way I want to get it, then I ditch.

Having said all that...maybe your trajectory will be like most of ours...pills...pills falter...injections...injections wobble....higher dose...pills + injections...ultimately implant. The good news is, that if you have a real capable uro, they can help you have, very likely, some awesome ass sex in every step along that continuum. I love that you want to get at figuring out the underlying issues. I was less motivated that way. I sort of embraced chemistry and technology because I just wanted reliable rock hard sex and cared less about how I got back there.

Good luck man. Let us know how you make out.
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:46 pm

As another "Canes Fan For Life" in South Florida, I will say......DR PAUL PERITO, Urologist in Coral Gables....HE KNOWS DICKS......he may or may not actually be able to help you. An implant may be a last resort. At worst, he may confirm some or all of the other info you've gathered....

Our stories a vastly different but Dr Perito "saved my bacon" after my first "botched" implant...... He's my hero (I refrained from all caps and ten exclamation points).

Good Luck man! And GO CANES!!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”