Hello - new guy here from Portland

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
David_R

Re: Hello - new guy here from Portland

Postby David_R » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:34 am

Lost Sheep wrote:Remember, an implant does not cure impotence. It makes it worse. (Much as a prosthetic limb that works well is an improvement over amputating a partially usable limb, the prosthetic precludes any hope of an actual cure.)

I would never say that an implant makes ED worse. A hard dick -- even with a mechanical device inside -- is better than a soft dick, and I think most of the guys in here would agree with me.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:25 pm

David_R wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:Remember, an implant does not cure impotence. It makes it worse. (Much as a prosthetic limb that works well is an improvement over amputating a partially usable limb, the prosthetic precludes any hope of an actual cure.)

I would never say that an implant makes ED worse. A hard dick -- even with a mechanical device inside -- is better than a soft dick, and I think most of the guys in here would agree with me.

What I am trying to communicate are three points:

An implant is not a cure. It is a treatment only.

Surgical intervention into the corpus cavernosum is bound to make a man's organic erectile capacity lessened. (Hence my statement that it makes E.D. worse)

The implant DOES VASTLY IMPROVE erectile capacity. Mechanical erections are clearly superior to non-functional organic/natural erections.

I did not make the third point specifically. I have observed that many write of the implant in terms that seem as if they think of the implant as a "magic bullet" cure. I wrote "It makes it worse." to point out that the implant does almost always reduce what a man currently has IN EXCHANGE FOR the mechanical erectile functionality.

I wish I could write with better clarity and still be succinct.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

David_R

Postby David_R » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:19 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:An implant is not a cure. It is a treatment only.

I totally agree with you, brother.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”