New Member, Hard Choices

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
navy6587

Re: New Member, Hard Choices

Postby navy6587 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:52 am

hopeful_future...sounds like you've tried everything to 'fix' your ED. All in all, I believe Lost Sheep summed up the crux of the answer you are looking for. At 71, I was glad I didn't have to endure all the other remedies other than pills that never worked. Your choice of a surgeon is the single most critical decision you will have to make. Please, PLEASE take the time to look around at the numerous well respected 'Master Implanters" (my words) that are available. Don't 'settle' for one close to you just because of the travel. I did and am regretting it ever since (see my very brief profile). This irreversible procedure is all about YOU...no one else. You may want to please your husband but, in the final analysis, YOU own your decision. Take the time to ask the difficult questions of every surgeon you speak with. Their hesitation to fully discuss ALL of your product or procedural questions is a clue that they aren't really on your side. Kick them to the curb and move on to another!

Just my 2 cents!
Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:00 pm

navy6587 wrote:hopeful_future...sounds like you've tried everything to 'fix' your ED. All in all, I believe Lost Sheep summed up the crux of the answer you are looking for. At 71, I was glad I didn't have to endure all the other remedies other than pills that never worked. Your choice of a surgeon is the single most critical decision you will have to make. Please, PLEASE take the time to look around at the numerous well respected 'Master Implanters" (my words) that are available. Don't 'settle' for one close to you just because of the travel. I did and am regretting it ever since (see my very brief profile). This irreversible procedure is all about YOU...no one else. You may want to please your husband but, in the final analysis, YOU own your decision. Take the time to ask the difficult questions of every surgeon you speak with. Their hesitation to fully discuss ALL of your product or procedural questions is a clue that they aren't really on your side. Kick them to the curb and move on to another!

Just my 2 cents!
Edd

Good advice, thank you! The nearest of the lauded surgeons to me would be Dr. Karpman. I will be getting an appointment to discuss things first, since I'm not 100% settled on getting an implant yet. I'm probably 75% of the way there at least, though. I think if I can get a penile doppler or something like that to actually determine if there's something irreversible, I'll be pretty much there.

Thanks again!
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:40 pm

Good for you!! Keep in the hunt and always ensure that the surgeon you are speaking with understands who is the most important person in the room. Good luck and, if it comes down to being implanted, it wasn't because you didn't ask the hard questions. Remember, too, that "your anatomy" (not the surgeon's AMS or Coloplast rep) should be the determining factor which product you choose. Example: I had all the girth I needed (had a penis that was 'oval' in cross section) and did not require the extra help that the Coloplast Titan provides. But did my surgeon(s) recommend the AMS that would have done the same job but without the additional width? Hell no! Did either surgeon ever pump me up with whatever drug (Trimix?) is used to see how my own penis was shaped pre-op? Hell no! When I was in each of their offices, both just pulled up my flaccid penis by the glans (with my shorts down around my ankles), knitted their brows and looked medically studious, and pronounced that the Coloplast Titan would fit the bill. Neither said that Coloplast was ALWAYS their choice. Neither was ever really interested in giving me the best product for my own body. Anyway, enough ranting. Just do what's best for YOU.

Praying you find your way to GREAT sex!

Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”