Another new guy

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
laevgerg

Another new guy

Postby laevgerg » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:44 am

Hi. Glad to find the site. Hello to everyone.

INTRO: I had prostate cancer and a radical prostatectomy in 2002. The doc had to take one of the 2 nerves and the other was apparently wounded in action which left mr happy about 99% disabled. There has been slow healing over the ten years, possibly offset some by aging. So I'm back to maybe 5-10% functional. (Whoopie!)

After it was clear that I wasn't going to recover, I got the pump. I was not satisfied with either the hinge effect or the ice cold erection so i gave up on that one. (However, now I wish I had gotten the pump right away and used it twice a day just to keep the erectile tissue functioning. What you don't use, you lose!)

Then I tried injections. They worked fairly well but but by then i had so much shrinkage that it was difficult to keep from falling out all the time. Also, it hurt a lot. (Not the injection, but the erection - hey, a poem! : )

None of the pills do anything at all, so now it's all about practices & techniques for managing with a limp-on. but hey! At least I'm vertical! (Well, ALIVE at least!)

Cajun Jeff

Re: Another new guy

Postby Cajun Jeff » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:41 pm

Man I hear you loud and clear. Welcome to FT you will find a great group of guys with that are willing to share what has helped and has not helped. Join us in the chat room from time to time.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Spartan

Postby Spartan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:21 pm

Welcome!

I'm fairly new here myself. Hope that we can be of help.

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:42 pm

Welcome to Frank Talk Laevgerg.
I am also a Prostate Cancer Survivor --- Open Radical Prostatectomy in February 2004 (just had my eight year anniversary).
I developed ED Post-ORP and suffered all of the negative emotional side effects of ED for 3+ years Post-ORP so I can appreciate your feelings now.
There is a wealth of information in this Group about all the treatment options available for your ED and many men who are willing to share their experiences with you. Do not hesitate to ask questions. You are among friends here.
Personally, I was implanted with an IPP (Inflatable Penile Prosthesis) in December 2007 after not responding satisfactorily to the "standard" ED Treatments (Pills, VED, MUSE, Injections).
Thankfully, my the IPP (Coloplast Titan) completely corrected my ED and 4+ years later, my wife of almost 50 years and I are still enjoying my implant.
It restored my sex life and gave me back the emotional intimacy with my wife.
Also, many men in the FT Group have had success with the other modalities. I urge you to read their posts and talk with them in the Chat Room or via PM, as well as, reading the Posts and communicating with my "Bionic Brothers" in the FT Group. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or would just like to talk.

Best of luck,

Bob
Last edited by bob1138 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

anothernight

Postby anothernight » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Glad you made it here. I am also new. We look forward to hearing from you.

Mike

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:13 pm

laevgerg - Before becoming bionic I also used injections. What are you injecting with? Caverject gave me unbelievable pain, but I switched to some compounded mixtures, ending up finally with quad mix at a fraction of the cost of the caverject.

Dave
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”