First time Injection

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
trying72

First time Injection

Postby trying72 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:48 pm

I will be having my first trimix injection on 02 21 12, any suggestions for me to ask my doctor? Also, my insurance carrier says that don't usually pay for any treatment that is not FDA approved and trimix evidentally is not. Is there a consensus on this with you guys? Thank's

Spartan

Re: First time Injection

Postby Spartan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:37 pm

Hmm.... I just started trimix. My insurance company is not paying anything because the cost is less than my copay ($8.45 for 4 mL compared to $10 copay). My insurance company is counting the $8.45 towards my annual deductible of $50 for walk-in pharmacy benefits.

I'm not sure why a compounded prescription would not be FDA approved, if the individual ingredients are approved.

The reason I am getting by with so low a price is that the contract between insurance (Medco) and the compounding pharmacy only allows the pharmacy to charge for the ingredients on compounded drugs -- so says the pharmacy. I think that I am the exception around here on the price.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”