First post (if I can figure this out.)

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
BJO5562

First post (if I can figure this out.)

Postby BJO5562 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:08 pm

I have read Frank Talk off and on for several years. I’m 64, insulin dependent with accompanying neuropathy. Have suffered from ED for many years. Have tried vacuum therapy and it worked to some degree. Have now visited a Urologist to discuss an implant. The info learned here is invaluable. Will update when I know more.
BJO5562
Born 1955. Insulin dependent w/pump. Neuropathy, heart stents and A-Fib. ED for over 10 years. Pills, vac pump and now looking at implant. West Virginia

Lost Sheep

Re: First post (if I can figure this out.)

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:20 pm

Strange to say "Welcome" to a long-time lurker, so I will just say "welcome" to posting. Good to hear from you. As a fellow diabetic (type 2) using insulin and implanted in November 2017 with a happy outcome, I expect you will be similarly situated in the near future.

When you make a post, you should be able to see a window below the composing window that offers to "Attach a signature..." That gives you the opportunity to elucidate your history and it will appear along with each post you make, wherever (within FrankTalk) you post. I recommend it.

I also recommend doing extensive research on your chosen surgeon and interview him (or her) pointedly and make yourself an integral part of the medical team. (Of course, many men choose not to do that and I cannot fault them - just do what is comfortable for your personality and approach to your medical care.)

Wishing you the best of outcomes,

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

BJO5562

Postby BJO5562 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:09 pm

Thanks for the welcome Lost Sheep. Appreciate any and all advice.
BJO5562
Born 1955. Insulin dependent w/pump. Neuropathy, heart stents and A-Fib. ED for over 10 years. Pills, vac pump and now looking at implant. West Virginia

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:30 am

BJO5562 wrote:I have read Frank Talk off and on for several years. I’m 64, insulin dependent with accompanying neuropathy. Have suffered from ED for many years. Have tried vacuum therapy and it worked to some degree. Have now visited a Urologist to discuss an implant. The info learned here is invaluable. Will update when I know more.

Again, welcome to Frank Talk. I 100% agree with Lost Sheep. Once you select a doctor you are considering, you could come onto FT and see if any of our almost 8000 members has anything to say... good, bad or indifferent. Personally, I would go to a doctor who uses BOTH AMS and Coloplast implants. This will guarantee that you get an implant that is best medically suited for you and no other factors are to be considered. Best wishes on your search and solution to your problems. The members are all great at answering questions and providing their stories and advice, use them to the fullest, it's what will make this miserable ED even a little bit barrable until your solution is found. :)

Larry

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”