Introduction of a Newbie

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
nolbow

Introduction of a Newbie

Postby nolbow » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Hello to all!!

Obviously, I'm the Newbie here. I found this site by pure accident.

I'm a 67 yr. old retiree, from London, Ontario, Canada, who is going through a living hell right now.

I went into total retention on the 1st. of November, while visiting Los Vegas, Ne. I made it home, with the help of a close friend, in a day and a half. ( I drove there, by myself.)

I've gone through 7 night time trips to the Emergency and have been catheterized since the 1st. After examination by a Urologist, it was determined I must undergo surgery to remove the inside of my prostate, which is collapsing on my urethra.

I will meet with the Doctor Nov. 11th., I hope, to set the date for the operation. I realize I'm not the only one to have a catheter this long, however, my spirits are at a super low.

I'm hoping I will not be With ED afterwards. If I am, I'll have to live with it, but, it'd be really fantastic to once again achieve an erection, once again!!

Anyway, I apologize for running on so long.

Dave48003

Re: Introduction of a Newbie

Postby Dave48003 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:08 pm

Welcome nolbow! You aren't that far from me, I'm west across the river about 45 minutes in Almont, Michigan. Sorry to hear of your dilemna, it doesn't sound like fun. I went through a procedure a few years back to help with bph, but its getting worse than it was originally.

As far as rambling on, feel free! Vent and get it out in the open. Hopefully someone here has been through what you have and can offer some support.

Dave
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:08 pm

Nol:

Welcome. This is a good place and you will find a LOT of support here. I'd talk with your doc ASAP of the impact of the surgery on the potential for ED. Have you been having any issues to date? There are thing you can do to rehab so take care of the required surgery first and then work on the ED issues- if they occur.

Please keep us posted and let us know how this will go. There is so much that can be applied to your ED that you should not worry too much. Being able to keep things flowing is the first objective.

Understand the low spirits and most of us here have traveled that path; but it can be traversed and you can move forward. Join us in chat when you can and ask away.

We're glad you're here and you are not alone.

Take Care,

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

antelope

Postby antelope » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Do I understand correctly that you will wait until Nov to see the doctor? I don't believe you can keep a foley catheter in safely for that long. Something doesn't compute here. Maybe I'm not reading your note correctly.

I waited about 8 weeks for my TURP procedure, but only because my son's wedding was coming up. Even then, I was not catherized the entire time.

Greg
Baton Rouge
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

6gun 44 mag

Postby 6gun 44 mag » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:12 am

I think he's had the problem since early November, and then he states Nov 11 as to seeing the doctor, bet he meant Jan 11, just a misprint.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”