Very recent implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jerryhios

Very recent implant

Postby Jerryhios » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:45 pm

I was implanted 5 days ago in San Diego (AMS 700 CX 24cm with 1.0 and 0.5 cm RTE) and wanted to provide a “blow by blow” on my recovery and experience. Obviously too early to report success but I’m hopeful and so far the pain recovery has not been worse than expected.

I am a 62 yr old with some prior medical issues including Afib and T2 Diabetes, fairly well controlled. I have BPH but no known cancers. I also have had retrograde ejaculation for the past 2 years or so.

I have been taking insulin, victoza, and jardiance for the T2 and other meds for the Afib. I also take 2 meds for urinary/prostate issues.

My fiancé is supportive of the implant and happens to be an RN so that has been helpful and may be one of the reasons I plucked up enough to do the procedure. She’s also very orgasmic with oral and fingers (often ten times in a session) but I know from reports on previous relationships she misses the PIV sex with me.

In addition to the expected bruising, I had a significant amount of abdominal pain where the reservoir was located, obviously due to the intermuscular trauma. I also had early pain on urination. If you’ve ever had a UTI, you’ll know what this feels like.

BTW, I’ve always had strong libido, so I’m really keen to see how the implant performs under these conditions.

Wish me luck.
Last edited by Jerryhios on Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Larry10625

Re: Very recent implant

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Jerryhios wrote:I was implanted 5 days ago (AMS 700 CX 24cm with 1.0 and 0.5 cm RTE) and wanted to provide a “blow by blow” on my recovery and experience. Obviously too early to report success but I’m hopeful and so far the pain recovery has not been worse than expected.

I am a 62 yr old with some prior medical issues including Afib and T2 Diabetes, fairly well controlled. I have BPH but no known cancers. I also have had retrograde ejaculation for the past 2 years or so.

I regret not taking the diabetes more seriously as I think it not only caused my ED but affected orgasm and ejaculation. I have been taking insulin, victoza, and jardiance for the T2 and other meds for the Afib. I also take 2 meds for urinary/prostate issues.
I did use the PDE5 inhibitors for some years with decent success, and trimix for about 3 years. I never liked the trimix performance wise because I had pain (from erection, not injection) and inhibited ejaculation, although it did work erection-wise.

My fiancé is supportive of the implant and happens to be an RN so that has been helpful and may be one of the reasons I plucked up enough to do the procedure. She’s also very orgasmic with oral and fingers (often ten times in a session) but I know from reports on previous relationships she misses the PIV sex with me.

In addition to the expected bruising, I had a significant amount of abdominal pain where the reservoir was located, obviously due to the intermuscular trauma. I also had early pain on urination. If you’ve ever had a UTI, you’ll know what this feels like.

BTW, I’ve always had strong libido including very regular masturbation, so I’m really keen to see how the implant performs under these conditions.

Wish me luck.

I am pretty confident that you will just love your implant and ask yourself why you didn't do this earlier. Full recovery takes time. I would expect any magic much before the 8 week mark and some people, even longer but, it will happen and you and your fiancé will just love it.

Larry

Jerryhios

Postby Jerryhios » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:44 pm

Thanks Larry. I sincerely hope you're right :-)

I do have a couple of questions for bros who have had an implant for some time.

1) I used to be pretty active and was told not to lift anything heavier than 10 lbs until after my 4 week post-op but no mention of what happens after that. Can anyone tell me how active they were and how soon after theirs? Can I exercise, lift weight etc. at that point? How much would be too much?

2) Does comfort steadily improve over time or will I always have some pain when pumped up?

3) I know orgasm is highly individual but is it possible to regain all the function you had prior to surgery?

Thanks for any advice.
62 yrs old, engaged, Implant date: 11/9/18, AMS 700 CX 24 cm, 1.0 and .5 RTE, diabetic, afib, implant surgeon: Dr. Siegel, Scripps, San Diego

George03

Postby George03 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:53 pm

I would consult your doctor. Mine just told me to wait a couple of weeks after surgery, then I would know how to resume exercise, etc. I was pretty much able to do regular household stuff the next day after surgery. About two weeks after, I started doing my regular weight machines, but start for a week or so at lighter weights. Pretty much back to normal after 3 weeks.
Prostate removal August 2017, AMS 700 LGX Implant August 2018 60's, generally good shape and health. PSA zero so far.

George03

Postby George03 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:59 pm

And to answer your other questions, I am about two and a half months post surgery, a little over one month after first activation. Most of what I have been reading here is my experience. More girth, a little more length, a lot less discomfort. I still have a little when I pump to the max, which I hope is a sign that things are still stretching.

I try to pump a least twice a day, pump as much as I can, wait a few minutes, pump some more, wait a few etc. Sideways in the mirror everything looks pretty normal, starting to feel closer to normal than before. Hoping to gain a little more length, and think I will, but if not, its much better than nothing that I had after prostate removal.

I am finding orgasms to be pleasing. Maybe not like when I was 18, but maybe better because they last longer at this point.

Good luck!
Prostate removal August 2017, AMS 700 LGX Implant August 2018 60's, generally good shape and health. PSA zero so far.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:51 pm

Jerryhios wrote:Thanks Larry. I sincerely hope you're right :-)

I do have a couple of questions for bros who have had an implant for some time.

1) I used to be pretty active and was told not to lift anything heavier than 10 lbs until after my 4 week post-op but no mention of what happens after that. Can anyone tell me how active they were and how soon after theirs? Can I exercise, lift weight etc. at that point? How much would be too much?
After that there is no danger of ripping open your sutures. I wouldn't go from nothing to 300lbs but you should be able to carry on a normal life.

2) Does comfort steadily improve over time or will I always have some pain when pumped up?
Nope. You will steadily feel much better and before long you will be feeling nothing... except horney

3) I know orgasm is highly individual but is it possible to regain all the function you had prior to surgery?
Absolutely !!!

Thanks for any advice.

You're welcome

Larry

Jerryhios

Postby Jerryhios » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:57 am

Thanks George and Larry
62 yrs old, engaged, Implant date: 11/9/18, AMS 700 CX 24 cm, 1.0 and .5 RTE, diabetic, afib, implant surgeon: Dr. Siegel, Scripps, San Diego

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:29 pm

George03 wrote:And to answer your other questions, I am about two and a half months post surgery, a little over one month after first activation. Most of what I have been reading here is my experience. More girth, a little more length, a lot less discomfort. I still have a little when I pump to the max, which I hope is a sign that things are still stretching.

I try to pump a least twice a day, pump as much as I can, wait a few minutes, pump some more, wait a few etc. Sideways in the mirror everything looks pretty normal, starting to feel closer to normal than before. Hoping to gain a little more length, and think I will, but if not, its much better than nothing that I had after prostate removal.

I am finding orgasms to be pleasing. Maybe not like when I was 18, but maybe better because they last longer at this point.

Good luck!

George; What brand and size implant did you get?

Larry

George03

Postby George03 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:05 am

Larry,

Mine is an AMS 700 with MS pump. I don't have any other info about it. Still progressing, Hoping that it continues to straighten out, and hoping for a little more length. Less discomfort now but still have some when pumped to the max. About 3 months post surgery, about 9 weeks after first activation. Even if nothing else changes, I will feel fairly satisfied with the implant.

Jerryhios

Postby Jerryhios » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:31 pm

UPDATE on progress post implant for those considering the procedure.

I was implanted on Nov. 9 and am now 3 weeks post-implant. There have been several events since then that may be of interest for those about to be implanted.

PAIN and BRUISING: early stages
I had a lot of pain in my eyes, yes eyes, immediately after coming out of anesthesia, to the point where I literally could not open them. They were painfully sensitive to light and I spent about a day with eyes closed. I even went home from the hospital with a paper bag over my head, much to the amusement of my GF. I don't know if this is a common reaction to the anesthetic used but it was even more distracting than the groin pain.
I had a fair bit of discomfort from the reservoir implanted rather than scrotal incision for about 3-4 days.
Pain on urination was intense for a few days to the point where I thought I had a urinary tract infection but was tested for that 3 days post and was negative. It's normal pee process now.
Penile bruising went away after about a week.

I'm still a week from activation and very tender in the scrotum so not sure how easy that will be.

I have only partial inflation since the surgery but I have had some sexual activity, both partnered and self-directed :-) with good results---yes I know I'm pushing that. I was worried about ejaculation but that seems normal.

Will report back after activation next week.

Return to “Implants”