My first time chatting on the computer w if i'm screwing up, thanks I'm 59yrs old last year I had emergency surgery for

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
steven1

My first time chatting on the computer w if i'm screwing up, thanks I'm 59yrs old last year I had emergency surgery for

Postby steven1 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:38 pm

I'm 59 yrs old ,last year I went to the ER with back pain and ended up at RI hospital to have open aaa repair , I am now unable to maintian an erection an do not ejaculate, I am using a Bimix and can get to orgasm but it is getting harder to do so , the more mix I use the longer the erection last 5to6 hrs, thinking of the implant ,I as time goes on I get more and more depressed , I had to find this out all by my self the surgen told me no one has ever complained before . Thanks for listening.

Larry10625

Re: My first time chatting on the computer w if i'm screwing up, thanks I'm 59yrs old last year I had emergency surgery

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:55 pm

steven1 wrote:I'm 59 yrs old ,last year I went to the ER with back pain and ended up at RI hospital to have open aaa repair , I am now unable to maintian an erection an do not ejaculate, I am using a Bimix and can get to orgasm but it is getting harder to do so , the more mix I use the longer the erection last 5to6 hrs, thinking of the implant ,I as time goes on I get more and more depressed , I had to find this out all by my self the surgen told me no one has ever complained before . Thanks for listening.

Steven, I know it's not much consolation to you but, I can tell you from 15 years as a paramedic, many more AAA patients end up in the morgue than survive. Having said that, some insurance companies pat for the implant. Talk to your doctor and then check into you insurance coverage. That would be a great start :)

Larry

Reggieman

Re: My first time chatting on the computer w if i'm screwing up, thanks I'm 59yrs old last year I had emergency surgery

Postby Reggieman » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:36 pm

Steven, ditch that doctor and get a Uro that specializes in ED and methods to deal with it. My Uro at UCSF prescribed Bimix for me and told me that higher dosage doesn't make your dick harder it just makes the erection last longer as you seemed to have found out. Perhaps another drug like Trimix might be better for you.

You need a doctor that is up to speed on ED issues and not someone who deals with it occasionally. Don't give up.
Retired. R.P. 2016. Bilateral nerve sparing surgery. Now use .15cc of Bimix twice weekly & anorgasmia, moderately incontinent. Wife no longer interested so go solo with Electro-stim using Erostek ET-312. Now am Type 2 diabetic.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:17 am

First, for others who do not know, AAA is Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Most people don't know they have one and it blows. Belly fills with blood in a couple minutes and they are dead.

I hope they did not fillet you like my father-in-law. If they did it is a wonder anything works. They cut him from the breast bone to his shoulder blade and laid him open.

At 59, insurance might give you a hard time. I would suggest the primary diagnosis is the AAA surgerycode and then the secondary be your E.D. That might simplify getting it approved. With E.D. for a primary, they may come with 1,427,064 excuses to deny you. Hugs man, that is some rough $hit.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:40 pm

ali, thanks for the definition of AAA. I didn't know that but have heard of the malady.

Steven, you've come to the right place to get first hand help with any ED problems from knowledgeable, supportive people.
Good luck to you.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:43 am

alibaba wrote:First, for others who do not know, AAA is Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Most people don't know they have one and it blows. Belly fills with blood in a couple minutes and they are dead.

I hope they did not fillet you like my father-in-law. If they did it is a wonder anything works. They cut him from the breast bone to his shoulder blade and laid him open.

At 59, insurance might give you a hard time. I would suggest the primary diagnosis is the AAA surgerycode and then the secondary be your E.D. That might simplify getting it approved. With E.D. for a primary, they may come with 1,427,064 excuses to deny you. Hugs man, that is some rough $hit.

Hey Ali;
I want to start by saying I am NOT defending the surgeons BUT, my partner and I transferred a guy with a AAA to another hospital. Upon arrival, we were directed to proceed directly to the OR. As we went in the OR there were a lot of people grabbing him, wiping his belly/chest with iodine etc.. He already had an IV so the anesthetist grabbed it and was administering sleep drugs before we even had this guy off our stretcher. The surgeon had a scalpel in his hand. My partner said to one of the nurses, give me a second and the surgeon said he doesn't have a second and he reached over and started his incision and shouted "get this guy over here NOW". I guess what I am trying to portray is that there is no time to be delicate, most AAA patients don't live to comment on their surgery. :)

Larry

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:18 pm

That is why our doctors scan us every 3 years or so to check.. In 2013 my thoracic surgeon freaked out when he saw the CT report showing I had one on my stomach. He referred me to a vein surgeon who said radiolists can't measure and it has 1 increment to go before intervention needed. So far it is unchanged other than last month shows it is full of plaque now plus has a "flapper" on it. Some hospitals give free scans for them from time to time. I've never been to one so do not know how they do it. I used to have CT's, now I have angiograms which the hospital proudly charged $7,000 for. Got an infection in my arm from the I.V. too.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”