New here

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Daverx

New here

Postby Daverx » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:11 am

Hello and Merry Christmas to all
I am a new member here, will be 69 years old in January, married for 44 years, father of two girls and have two grandchildren. I had open surgery for PC 19 months ago and have had ED ever since then. I finally decided to do it, I have a date to become bionic- Jan 11. My thanks to all who have shared their stories and words of encouragment. I will keep you posted. Till then, Have a Merry Christmas.

75 yr old survivor of aggressive PC, original implant in 2012, revision Apr 19 2018. AMS 18cm 3cm RTE Happy man.

regain-is-the-aim

Re: New here

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:02 pm

Dave:

Welcome. You will find this is a great place and you will get a lot of support as you become bionic!!! With your post under Implants the guys there can answer questions, share hints, advice and humor. If you are pumping, suggest you keep that activity going to give yourself as much stretch and length as possible. More fun for the Holidays. . . . .

Sounds like by Valentine's Day, your arrow will be more than ready. Whoopee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join in the Chat room as you can- this time of year it can be full or; guys out shopping at last minute. . . .

If I may where and who is doing you surgery?? There is also a thread entitled surgery schedule (I think) and you might list your big day there.

Have a great Christmas.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Daverx

Postby Daverx » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:41 pm

Thanks for the advice, feeling romantic already.
75 yr old survivor of aggressive PC, original implant in 2012, revision Apr 19 2018. AMS 18cm 3cm RTE Happy man.

Daverx

Postby Daverx » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:42 pm

I forgot to add, My surgeon is Richard Natale in Concord, NC. He is still a young guy and does not have an extensive track record in implants, but has a very good satisfaction rate and no significant problems. He did my prostate cancer surgery and my wife and i fell in love with him and we both trust him without reservation.He has been my doctor for just under two years. Big day is Jan 11, 2012.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Daverx:Welcome to FT you will find lots of support here. Many of the guys have become bionic and I am sure some of them will jump in and welcome you. Congrats on getting scheduled for your implant.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

hockey

Postby hockey » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:19 am

Daverx,
You are about to become a NEW man! Welcome to our world.
I think you will find your wife will be like a kid in a candy store.
You may also find that waiting will be the hardest part (pun intended).
Most of us just could wait to get back in the saddle. I suspect you or mother will
not also! Best of luck to you and have a very Merry Christmas!
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”