Failed Implant

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
evndocsuffer

Failed Implant

Postby evndocsuffer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:46 pm

After enjoying ten years of service from an AMS device, I finally wore it out. Needless to say my wife and I opted for another. I had surgery on September 2, 2016, a 700 CX AMS, and after twenty months, it failed. Today I am in the process of negotiating with AMS for a replacement. Quite frankly, it is a pain in the backside dealing with them. Additionally, finding a Urologist who is willing to go through the headache of getting a replacement from AMS has been taxing. I had the device implanted at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle - had to pay cash for the procedure - and have little chance of getting them to cooperate with another surgery. If one does have a failed device, forget trying to bring a lawsuit against the manufacturer. Not one attorney will take on either AMS or Coloplast due to a past court ruling concerning penile implants. Conclusion? I'm going to Delhi and having a new device - 700 AMS LGX - implanted. I plan on sending the explant to AMS with a nasty note.

Larry10625

Re: Failed Implant

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:40 pm

evndocsuffer wrote:After enjoying ten years of service from an AMS device, I finally wore it out. Needless to say my wife and I opted for another. I had surgery on September 2, 2016, a 700 CX AMS, and after twenty months, it failed. Today I am in the process of negotiating with AMS for a replacement. Quite frankly, it is a pain in the backside dealing with them. Additionally, finding a Urologist who is willing to go through the headache of getting a replacement from AMS has been taxing. I had the device implanted at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle - had to pay cash for the procedure - and have little chance of getting them to cooperate with another surgery. If one does have a failed device, forget trying to bring a lawsuit against the manufacturer. Not one attorney will take on either AMS or Coloplast due to a past court ruling concerning penile implants. Conclusion? I'm going to Delhi and having a new device - 700 AMS LGX - implanted. I plan on sending the explant to AMS with a nasty note.

That really sucks.. Sorry for your luck. What have been the past court rulings?

Larry

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:59 am

I hate to say it, but you are not the first I heard this. I have heard from several people who told me their insurance paid for the failed implant and also the replacement. I only know of one person the company provided credit for the replacement. Sorry you have to deal with this. I spent considerable time before and after I got my AMS trying to get a copy of their warranty. Never got one. Same thing with Coloplast. At this point, I doubt there is one. I have asked doctors, called the companies. No luck. Doctors just gave me a brochure that was basically advertising and advertising cannot imply a warranty due to a court ruling we studied when I was in business law that calls it "sales hype" . I have heard they have an issue with tubing and fabric they are buying from China but have no way of checking to see if it is true.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

evndocsuffer

Postby evndocsuffer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:13 am

Thank you gentlemen. Here is a rather lengthy summary of the courts findings.

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-6th-circuit/1027527.html

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”