Good to be here

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
gbeard60

Good to be here

Postby gbeard60 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm 63, had robotic surgery in December, still learning about my new dick. I think this site is great -- I've learned more from other survivors than I have my doctors, though I think the doctors did a pretty good job of discussing the basics as far as ED drugs go. Still, none of them discussed the vital stuff -- masturbation, sexual gratification and such -- not the nuts and bolts, excuse the pun. Good to be here.

regain-is-the-aim

Re: Good to be here

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:10 pm

GB:

Welcome! This is a good place and we are pleased you found us. You are so right in that many docs don't have a clue as to what we face. But the experience here and the support you will find equals most major medical centers. The vital stuff is important. We must use him as often as we can so we don't loose length, flexibility, fun, good vibes and a great smile for the day. I am also here because of PCa and the required robotic surgery. Before my surgery I wouldn't have thought it possible to climax without being hard. Boy, am I glad I was wrong on that one. So go for it!!

Join the chat room as you can. Sometimes there may be no one there and sometimes there is a crowd. Ask away and join in the banter. We can be bawdy, funny but always supportive. We arrive with the same issue from all over the world and are young, mature, married, single, divorced, straight, gay ,bi and perhaps some still thinking about it. Don't be shy as we all are learning the issue is the common enemy and not our shyness, constrained upbringing or discomfort in asking a real sex ?. Some are bionic (implant) and others continuing their journey towards a new sexual normal and enjoying the progress they make. We have many different etiologies for our ED and it is amazing that some of us are facing huge challenges in life and still can banter, smile and support.

This is a good place.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Quincy

Re: Good to be here

Postby Quincy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:42 pm

Glad you found us. I've been here less than a week, myself. It's been a huge help as I try to figure out how to get my functions back. And I agree with everything Dick posted. Great site, wonderful resources, and the people here are amazingly helpful.

There's a ton of stuff in every discussion forum, and I had no idea there were so many different potential treatments. Don't be afraid to ask about anything you want. I've felt no recrimination for my craziest questions and no impatience with my ignorance - just the reverse.

Best wishes for your journey back to full sexual health.

Greg.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”