3 Weeks Post Op In Charleston

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
CharlestonRealtor

3 Weeks Post Op In Charleston

Postby CharlestonRealtor » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:33 am

I am new to posting on the forum but I have been reading for several months. Diagnosed with prostate cancer in fall of 2011. Radical prostectomy in December of 2011 using robotic surgery. Proud member of the two year 0 PSA club as of last month. After trying everything I could to regain an erection including injections that didn't work, I had a Titan implanted 3 weeks ago. Dr Hall performed the implant and has been great. So far so good and i will get to try it out on the 25th of March. A couple of tips from my experience so far. Ice is your friend, use it and often. I used a reusable ice pack that I sat on for the first week or so. Get yourself a couple of jock straps prior to the surgery as the "boys" will need lots of support for a couple of weeks. The swelling of my scrotum was the worst part. For me, the pain wasn't that bad and I stopped taking any meds after about a week. I am a Realtor so I could work from home but I didn't even try to leave the house for about ten days as the swelling was so bad that I was walking funny. I am very, very happy with my decision so far and i already feel like I am "more complete". Thanks for the information that you guys have posted on this forum. It really helped me to make a difficult decision a lot easier.

ohohiakane

Re: 3 Weeks Post Op In Charleston

Postby ohohiakane » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:29 pm

Charleston....

Welcome to the posting part of Frank Talk....

Congrats on the recovery so far.

From a retired Realtor in Michigan

Bill
75 Year Old guy in Michigan, married in 1958, ED since late '90s, then surgery in 2008 (not prostate or other genital) damaged some nerves making the ED worse. Now on trimix

Personal email Ohohiakane@yahoo.com
am always willing to discuss stuff and help

yankfan042249

Re: 3 Weeks Post Op In Charleston

Postby yankfan042249 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to inform us about your experience. I hope that you achieve a full pain-free recovery ASAP. I should be going in for an implant as soon as the insurance is approved. Thanks for the tip about how important ice was for you, I'll have to remember. keep us posted if you will in your hopefully rapid recovery.

Walt

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”