Introduction & quick question

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
jcase5848

Introduction & quick question

Postby jcase5848 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:14 am

Hi all,
I'm real new to this community and wanted to say how happy I am to have stumbled upon it. I really thought I was struggling with this on my own. I've read a number of posts and appreciate all the candor on this sensitive issue. No one outside my wife knows of my surgery. It was July 25, about 8 weeks now.

I have an AMS700 implant and I'm still very sensitive in my crotch. The pump is driving me a bit crazy since I'm 65 years old and not quite used to having this "3rd wheel" in the sack. Additionally, my member gets erect when I pump up but it feels odd to me. My wife doesn't notice the change but I do. My penis is very sensitive to pressure and after almost 8 weeks I'm still not able to easily penetrate for intercourse.

How long does this sensitivity last? When will I return to a normal feeling of usage?

thanks for your forebearance with a newbie. BTW: I stumbled upon the site by doing a Google search for "underwear after implant surgery"....I'm still in search of the perfect mens underwear; tried Underarmour, Champion, Calvin Klein...all briefs, had to abandon my favorite boxer types...
Justin

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: Introduction & quick question

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:27 pm

jcase5848 wrote:I have an AMS700 implant and I'm still very sensitive in my crotch. The pump is driving me a bit crazy since I'm 65 years old and not quite used to having this "3rd wheel" in the sack.

Welcome ... yes it does take a while to get used to the extra hardware ... since we all heal differently it's hard to say when you will not really notice the pump ... but it will happen ...

Additionally, my member gets erect when I pump up but it feels odd to me.

Please explain "odd" ... yes you will have a slightly oval shape ... and the head may not swell as much, but those things should improve with time

My penis is very sensitive to pressure and after almost 8 weeks I'm still not able to easily penetrate for intercourse.

Is it painful when attempting penetration? Are the tips painful? ... perhaps you are pumping up too much?

You should be pumping up your Implant several times a day ... not to the point where it's painful ... but to where it's uncomfortable, and try to maintain that for as long as possible (max 1 hr.). If not let the pressure down a little and start over ... try increasing one pump at a time ... be patient, it takes time but it is worth the effort.

Does the head get cold when pumped? If so try using a rice sock while pumped ... I use mine all the time and it helps.

Don't be afraid to ask more questions, or explain a situation ... we are not shy here and many of us have already walked your path, one way or another.
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

jcase5848

Postby jcase5848 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Thanks Bionic! What I mean by "odd" is that the feeling in the shaft is not similar to the previous erections I used to have naturally. I can actually feel the two shafts or vessels that were implanted. It's just not as natural feeling as I thought. I'll take your advice and pump it up daily.
One more note from my perspective: when I press on the shaft and head with my hand to simulate penetration the feeling used to be almost pleasurable now it's a bit uncomfortable. I'm hoping that passes
Appreciate the feedback and encouragement.
Justin

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:04 pm

jcase5848 wrote:I can actually feel the two shafts or vessels that were implanted. It's just not as natural feeling as I thought.

That will pass with time ... especially once intercourse is more pleasurable ... since you stated wife didn't notice (mine doesn't either) then don't let it bother you.

One more note from my perspective: when I press on the shaft and head with my hand to simulate penetration the feeling used to be almost pleasurable now it's a bit uncomfortable. I'm hoping that passes

Yes the "tips" are tender for a while ... most guys report that will go away with time. Pumping it up every day will help with that. If it's uncomfortable to "simulate penetration" ... try releasing some of the pressure slightly ... (1-2 sec) as it takes time to "learn" the new you. Lots of "lube" helps ... I like to use olive oil ...

Don't get discouraged as you've made it this far and it only gets better from here!
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:01 pm

:P First of all, thanks in advance for the suggestion "as it takes time to "learn" the new you. Lots of "lube" helps ... I like to use olive oil ...". I am waiting on the urologist to schedule me for surgery so have a while yet.

One, facetious, question here. Does "extra Virgin" work better? :P

Radiodec
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

buckster

Postby buckster » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:19 am

radiodec wrote::P One, facetious, question here. Does "extra Virgin" work better? :P

Radiodec

I prefer coconut oil. It's solid at room temperature but melts on the body. Smells good and you can just rub it in when finished. Extra virgin may require extra lube. :mrgreen:
Age 68. Married 49 years. Location Oregon. PCa at age 56. Open RP surgery and radiation treatment. Oral or injection drugs didn't work. Implanted 10/13/20. Titan Narrow Base 18cm with 1cm left and 1.5cm right rear tip extenders.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”